Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Another Spider Rigging Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Spider Rigging Question

How far do you guys spread your rod tips, when spider-rigging? I think I read some where no more than 3 feet apart, or else you create gaps in your spread where crappies will miss all your baits.

Or is it better to spread them way out, and just have single baits spread in a wider area?

What do you folks do?

Thanks for advance for your responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Spider Rigging Question

Depends on how many poles you can use, with a full spread you want your two outside poles perpendicular to the boat and everything in between equally spread out, unless you're fishing something something smaller than your spread.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it depends how many rods you are running? just sat through crappie seminars at BPS, the speaker sets his 2ft apart and 6" off the water. I am about to set my boat up too, but with only 4 14ft poles and will set them 3ft to 4ft apart, here in Ohio we have a 2 pole limit and Indiana has a 3 pole limit, so I am limited to what I can do. Most guys I talked to run 2 jigs in a variety of colors or minnows on each line, and vary the depths till they find out what is working, I am sure there will be a big learning curve and probably some cussing before we all get it down pat, right now I am wondering which one of my buddys is the most coordinated?

Post Thanks / Like

4ft here