Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bnm rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bnm rods

Im debating between the bnm pro staff trolling rod and bnm bucks jig pole for spider rigging. Which rod do y'all like? ill be using 3/4oz and 1/2oz weight. Thanks fall all advice.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Some like the BnM bgjp the best....some like the BnM Capps and Colemans. Its just personal preference to how they feel. I use the Capps and Colemans to spider rig with and I use the stiffer PST's to pull crankbaits with.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks for reply. I wont be pulling crankbaits so the bucks jig pole or caps and coleman will prob be a good choice for me. Didnt know if the buck jig pole could handle 3/4 oz weight.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The C&C and BGJP both will carry 3/4 weight but seem to work better with 1/2 as far as responsiveness. The PST will carry 3/4 and a lot more very well. Everyone has their own preference. Best thing is try to fish with each one if you can. As expensive as they are getting better be happy with what you purchase.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Capps and Coleman I have both and like the c&c over the bgjp. The c&c has a longer reel set. It makes easier for hook ups. The reel doesn't get in the way of the rod holder. Just my 2 cents worth.

Post Thanks / Like

The pst is better suited for 3/4 to 1 oz weights, while it may be capable, I don't like pushing anything above 3/8 with the bgjp due to the flexibility of the tip causing lost length and the tip aiming down rather than out.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

PST. I own 4, 14', and will get 4, 16' next. I have pushed 2 oz of lead with no problem. The rods handled it nicely. I usually use 3/4 oz.

Post Thanks / Like

I spider rig with the BGJP but don't like to use heavier than 1/2 oz. I'd look at something different if your gonna go heavier than that.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I like the BGJP, but if I consistently used over 1/2 oz, get the PST's. I still feel comfortable boat flipping 2 pounders with the PST.

Post Thanks / Like

Over 12' I like the PST's will work great and are more versatile for different types of fishing.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast