Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on spider rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question on spider rigging

Hey guys, I have a few questions on spider rigging. When y'all rig do yall use swivel and weight or do yall just use a weight without a swivel and what rigs and line yall prefer? Thanks for advice.

Post Thanks / Like

If I`m in deep water, 8# mainline, to cross line swivel with 12to18 in of 6# floro on side to jig. Then 18 in 6# floro, pass line 3x threw egg sinker 1/4 to1 oz. Tie on reg swivel,then 2 ft 6# floro to jig. In shallow water I use one hook, tie reg swivel to mainline 2ft 6# floro,then slide egg sinker on to swivel, pass line threw 4or5 times, tie on jig. Always use a swivel on all rigs. keeps line from twisting.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks for reply. I seen in a video where it looked like a guy had 1/2oz bullet weight with no swivel or anything he just had it about 18in from hook didnt know if anybody has tried that.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m sure every ones rigs are different. depending on local, just have to try a few and see whats best for you. Wind and current change a lot so I keep tied up rigs with different lead sizes for fast changes. the swivel lets you do that faster then retying the whole rig. every place you go the locals have something that works good there. Ask around the ramp or bait shop. Never hearts to try what you think, might be the trick every ones looking for! Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that's right. Thanks for reply and good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captankangaroo View Post
    If I`m in deep water, 8# mainline, to cross line swivel with 12to18 in of 6# floro on side to jig. Then 18 in 6# floro, pass line 3x threw egg sinker 1/4 to1 oz. Tie on reg swivel,then 2 ft 6# floro to jig. In shallow water I use one hook, tie reg swivel to mainline 2ft 6# floro,then slide egg sinker on to swivel, pass line threw 4or5 times, tie on jig. Always use a swivel on all rigs. keeps line from twisting.
    I have luck fishing gnat/minner combo with this rig. Double rig for fall trolling.
    Waden

Post Thanks / Like

When yall do a single hook rig do yall do weight swivel then leader line or swivel, leader line and weight right above hook? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I tie the swivel on 4-5ft leader, then slide egg sinker to swivel. Pass leader line through sinker 4-5 times tie on jig, hook . Tie main line to swivel. I make up a few ahead of time, wrap`em on pool noodle. GoodLuck!

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

There are faster, cheaper, and easier ways, but none better. Don't over look the rig with the weight on the bottom. I think it is called a Kentucky rig. I use both.

I usually put the weight and swivels on a 10 or 8 lb and use 6 for the leaders. If you hang, you just lose part of your rig most of the time.

Be sure and powder paint your weight. Occasionally a fish will hit at the weight and knock himself out and you can just dip him up. Saves on minners. That is a minner critter on the bottom and a hand snelled Mr Crappie hook on the top. I have had trouble with the line wrapped through the sinker breaking after catching several fish. If you wrap the line through the sinker, be sure and de-burr the holes good.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell25 View Post
    When yall do a single hook rig do yall do weight swivel then leader line or swivel, leader line and weight right above hook? Thanks.
    Just a jig for a single hook for me unless power trolling then a large weight with a loooooooong leader.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the advice guys. Guys it doesn't matter if weight is above or below swivel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast