Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: SwimBaits

Post Thanks / Like

Default SwimBaits

For those who use swimbaits for Crappie...Keitech has brought back their 2 inch Swing Impacts, to go along with the rest of their swimbait shapes and sizes. For Crappie fishermen that means we now have the 3 inch Easy Shiner, 2 thru 3.5 inch Swing Impacts, and 2.8 and 3.8 inch Swing Impact Fats!

They also have More FANTASTIC colors coming out in March!
    If you want to view the new colors or swimmers go to www.keitechusa.com

Post Thanks / Like

I also just found out that 2 inch Easy Shiners will also be out in April and the 2" Little Spiders will be coming back out about mid-year in 10 crawdad colors...plus the material has changed on the Spiders, from rubber to a PVC, so they can infuse the baits with the squid scent. Keitech has heard Crappie fishermen wanting smaller baits for ice or times when a larger swimbait just won't trigger them to feed!

All of these baits can be used with or without bobbers and are killer on BIG Slabs!

Good Fishing to all!

Post Thanks / Like

2" for ice fishing? No thanks. Maybe for bass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin22 View Post
    2" for ice fishing? No thanks. Maybe for bass.
    They are VERY small and slender...if needed, you can pinch off to an even smaller size without losing the tail action from just water movement! This is not a big bait...Bass wouldn't look at it!
    I'll post a pic later.

Post Thanks / Like

Bigger than a 1" gulp minnow? 1" gulp minnows are quite often too big for iceing crappies here, but work great for bass.

Post Thanks / Like

The middle is a 1" gulp minnow. ..the jigs are 1/64oz....the other Keitechs are the 3 inch that I use throughout the year....this was just presented as an option if they wanted something a little larger or for a warm water jig.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I will just use the ones I make. Thanks for the post though.

Name:  Marabou Minnow x5.jpg
Views: 2016
Size:  35.5 KB
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by INTIMIDATOR View Post
    The middle is a 1" gulp minnow. ..the jigs are 1/64oz....the other Keitechs are the 3 inch that I use throughout the year....this was just presented as an option if they wanted something a little larger or for a warm water jig.
    Those look good. I checked the web site, they're not yet showing the 2"ers you're talking about. I'd like some when they do. Are they showing up for sale yet? The only ones I saw were on E-bay, are from Japan, and cost a small fortune.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fished-out View Post
    Those look good. I checked the web site, they're not yet showing the 2"ers you're talking about. I'd like some when they do. Are they showing up for sale yet? The only ones I saw were on E-bay, are from Japan, and cost a small fortune.
    They should be in stock in early March!
    To be honest, I used the 2 inchers when I first started throwing swimbaits...I was like everyone else and thought you had to use something Micro or small for Crappies. Once I found the Keitech's and saw the action on GOOD plastics, I was hooked....then as I learned, I began fishing bigger for Crappie, with the same catch rates but over-all larger fish. Now I mainly use 2.8 and 3.8 inch Fats, 3 and 4 inch Easy Shiners, and 3-4 inch regular swing impacts...I even had good success with 4.8 inch swimbaits last year for Crappie.
    Now most of my buddies use the 2" at different times through the ice only, or under a bobber for 'gills...the way they undulate under a bobber with just water movement is crazy!