Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass Pro Shops Crappie Madness-Bossier City, La. My First Seminar! Pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Pro Shops Crappie Madness-Bossier City, La. My First Seminar! Pics

Well I guess this makes it official, I'm hooked now! After many years of being the one that attends such events as a bystander, I was given an opportunity to be on the giving end rather than the receiving. What an awesome feeling! I'm talking about the opportunity to share the joys of crappie fishing with others. I have always been a strong supporter, and tried to do what I can to help a fellow angler. Each and every attempt we can make is a step in the right direction. I have been involved in many activities over the years, but most recently a new breeze is blowing! I will be able to reach out to peole on a larger platform.

The past few months seem like a whirlwind of opportunities, since the founding of the "Bayou State Crappie Assassin's" in North Louisiana. This has given me the opportunity to meet so many new "Crappie Anglers". In addition to the new friends, it has presented new opportunities to share information and help this great sport grow even larger. A perfect example was this past weekends events.

I attended the Bass Pro Shops "Crappie Madness" event in Bossier City, La. I arrived on Friday afternoon to meet with the events coordinator and get set up for Saturdays activities. This is the first year that we have held a Crappie Specific event at this location, and I am proud to have been invited to be part of the show.

We set up on Saturday morning where we had been shown the evening before, just outside the exit doors. As I was placing our club banner behind our table, I heard a voice greeting me "hello". It was the Store Manager. After a brief introduction, I begin to ramble about Crappie.com and our local club the BSCA, and on and on about the great things happening in the Crappie World. Shortly afterwards he left, but then a few minutes later he returned with (3) other Managers. I re-capped the things I had explained and so on. Next thing I know they are moving us inside! They said, "we want you right here in the center of the store where everyone can find you". They asked also "would you mind doing a seminar today, we can work you into the schedule". I replied " Yes, I certainly can". And that's how it happened.

As we set up our table, we immediately had customers visiting and asking questions. I was swamped with people from the beginning all the way until my first seminar at 1pm. A few fellow CDC members dropped by from the Louisiana forum...Doc Waldo. And Cajun Dave! The first seminar lasted for about 40 min. I couldn't believed I talked that long and still had people listening to me and asking questions. I demonstrated "Tying Crappie Jigs" and give useful tips and suggestions that I had learned over the years. There were an array of questions and I did my best to answer all of them.

Doc Waldo Above

Cajun Dave above

After it was over, I returned to my table along with some of the audience and demonstrated a more hands on approach.

I was approached again by the Managers and congratulated on doing such a great job. I was then asked to give another seminar at 3pm, which I did proudly. This was such a great experience for me. I enjoyed every minute I was there! Afterwards, I was presented with a token of appreciation from the Managers. My Wife and I were treated out to a great Steak House "SaltGrass" located there on the Boardwalk at Bossier. It was a great trip!

I have been invited back to do more during March at the "Spring Fishing Classic", as well as an open invitation anytime I want to drop in. I can't explain how satisfying it was to take part in the events. I just know it was a great rush!

We have so much great news taking place and a host of other opportunities that will be coming forward shortly as this year moves forward. We are helping drive a huge influence for Crappie Anglers here in Louisiana, and will be focused on bringing attention to our efforts.
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC
    Likes BoarBuster, bflowers, Ferdi, REDEYE50 LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding, Treefrog !! And good luck in your future seminar adventures

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Brandon you are doing an outstanding job. I'm very proud of the work you are doing.
    A man never stands so tall as when he stoops down to help a boy.
    David Freeman
    318-805-6270
    Farmerville LA

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and I am sure it had to of been wonderful for those listening to you also.
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job.

Post Thanks / Like

Great Job Brandon! Seems that you have found your calling!
    BamaFan

There are two things to aim for in life: First, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieves the second. Author unknown, but I like it!

Luvfatslabs is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great way to give back, congrats
    Good luck and good fishing

kycreek is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a job well done.

Post Thanks / Like

and that is how you capitialize on an opportunity ladies and gentlemen! Great job!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the support! It's always great to post here and get good feedback.
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast