Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weiss lake crappie rodeo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weiss lake crappie rodeo

Bought my crappie rodeo badge Saturday morning for 10.00 and caught a tagged fish by that afternoon worth 50.00 we have been fishing out of little river marina trolling so that is where I cashed the prize fish in it was a lot of fun.Good luck I will out on water again tomorrow trying to get another prize fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go. There's more out there, let's go get'em.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Richard Green ... guide out of Little River Marina ... caught a lot of those Crappie for tagging.

Little story about "tagged fish" .... a fishing buddy & I caught 2 tagged fish, years ago, when we were staying with Richard (prior to him becoming a guide). We had no entry tickets, and I think the contest was already over, anyway ... so we gave the tags to Richard to take them to J.R. & see what the prizes would have been. The only thing Richard would tell us about the prizes was "you don't want to know" (which we interpreted as BIG BUCKS ).

SO ... the moral of the story is : buy your badge, if you're going to be fishing Weiss between now & May 15th !! You never know when one of those tagged fish is going to bite !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Well said crappiepappy I know a lot of people who fish Weiss that never buy the rodeo badge but my understanding is you have chance to win money and support restocking of the fish we take out that is a bargin at just 10.00 Dollards

Post Thanks / Like

i buy one every year and think its a great idea , i wish our lakes here did something like that for restocking