Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: getting more than you pay for

Post Thanks / Like

Default getting more than you pay for

I have seen some posts lately where people said when they bought their minnows they counted them out. I have had that happen a few times. I was blessed today though. I paid for 2 dozen minnows and got 7 dozen. I have paid for 3 dozen before and ended up with 9 dozen. I definately go back to those places when I can. I have noticed that usually when a woman gets my minnows, I get alot more. It's either because I'm so good looking or because they cant count. REALITY check, nah they just dont like to touch them and they scoop out alot and just dump them usually. I wish it was the first ha ha.

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

At the local baitshop by me I stop in there when ever I get minnows. I have notice that if you go there to get your minnows alot and buy alot they give you more minnows.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fngerprints

I also have gone to places where you think they have a fingerprint on every minnow. But usually if you are a local and buy your minnows there regularly you will get a pretty good count. I have seen many days when I had too many, and others when I wish I had more. Its all up to the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default i hate counters

I was raised in Houston and could go to many seafood places to get shrimp. They never counted them. But, here in Little Rock, they have shrimp counted on the menu. I refuse to have my shrimp counted out for me.

Another minnow story...
    One winter I was buying minnows from a bait stand on Toledo Bend near the Chicken Coop. The lady was counting my minnows out and they were freezing to the board she was counting them on. She had to ask somebody inside if she was supposed to give them to me. I had some fun with her and told her they were half price since we had to scrape them off the board.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

About the only place round here to get minnows just bout counts them as she put them in the bag. And charges a $1.75 a doz.

Can take a ride to town and get a half pound for $4.50. That's bout 8 or 9 doz they say. Lots more. I know that.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Most of the time

Most of the time I get extra especially up in scotts. Now there have been times when I felt shorted also. I have pain for a doz before and got about 8 because they said they had them awhile and the truck was bringing more. Anyway, I'll take all the blessing I can get.

Peace
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

I havent seen a place that sells minnows by the dozen in a few years, Everyone around here goes by the pound 1/4 1/2 3/4 and 1 pound

I like it better.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cracker68
    I havent seen a place that sells minnows by the dozen in a few years, Everyone around here goes by the pound 1/4 1/2 3/4 and 1 pound

I like it better.

dont know of a bait shop in Ms that does not count them. minnows are lost leaders anyway you cant make enough money on them to stay in business. Its the cupcakes and cokes that make the money.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minners, shrimps...whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunica
    minnows are lost leaders anyway you cant make enough money on them to stay in business.
    Of course not. Takes to many man hours counting them out. They do that junk in Louisiana selling shrimp. Onezy, twozy....dance with me Susy. It's dumb...but....no wonder. In Texas you buy shrimp by the pint or quart and minnows by the pound. A few places will sell them by the dozen....but no more than 2 doz. after that you buy 1/4 lb 1/2 lb or 1 lb.

Post Thanks / Like

At our shop we sell them by the doz, but I tell people I'm a terrible counter and they'll have to catch more than they planned on. I couldn't amagine counting perch minnows.
    Quit wishing and go fishing
    www.theeyeshaveit.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast