PDA

View Full Version : New Chatroom

Slab
11-01-2006, 05:13 PM
fatboy b**ched at me loong enough, I've installed another chat room, when you're logged on, you will see a FlashChat link right below the welcome box on the right top, right to the left of Log Out.

FB and I are online now.

fatboy
11-01-2006, 05:19 PM
The chat is back!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooo Hooooooooo!!!!!!!!

J White
11-01-2006, 06:10 PM
I feel being in the doghouse for staying out here on the puter half the night
coming on again :D

papasage
11-01-2006, 06:26 PM
tried the flashchat . can`t git it to come up

fishin3
11-01-2006, 06:57 PM
J White, billbob told me to tell you just to put more bread on that sandwich. He said you would know what he was talking about. Been waiting to use that since fishing Sat with him.:D

Darryl Morris
11-01-2006, 06:58 PM
tried the flashchat . can`t git it to come up

It will open in a new window. If you have a popup blocker, it may stop it until you tell it it's okay.

Minnerman
11-01-2006, 08:25 PM
works like a deam.

ribit
11-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Nice lots of sound effects and other stuff if you can figure them out:D lol

1weezer
11-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Can't find the chat room. Where is it at?

Slab
11-01-2006, 10:25 PM
You do have to be logged on before you see the link to "FlashChat". It's on the top of every page, on the Navigation bar that is Black (the black bar runs across the whole page from left to right). At the right between "Quick Links" and "Log Out".

1weezer
11-01-2006, 10:27 PM
Never mind, I found it.

Minnerman
11-02-2006, 12:13 AM
This Is Gr8 Me And Stumpbumper Had A Big Ol' Time On It. We Bout Got The Bugs Worked Out Of It As Well.

stumpbumpers
11-02-2006, 12:28 AM
It is off the hizzy fo shizzy...

Now if we can get the whole crappie.com to be the same way... we'd all be cornfused. Thanks Ed and thanks Minnerman for the chat'n.... What cha wait'n on check it out

fatboy
11-02-2006, 06:13 AM
fatboy b**ched at me loong enough, I've installed another chat room, when you're logged on, you will see a FlashChat link right below the welcome box on the right top, right to the left of Log Out.

FB and I are online now.
Pappy edited Ed, the owner of this site. Now thats gutsy. LOL

Jerry Blake
11-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Pappy edited Ed, the owner of this site. Now thats gutsy. LOL

NOW THAT'S FUNNY - NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE!!! :)

papasage
11-02-2006, 07:03 AM
turned off pop up blocker and still wan`t come up

stumpbumpers
11-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Ya'll need to use the options in the box to let everybody now you are "busy", "away", "BRB"(be right back), "here", cause it doesn't do any good to login and see other folks, but no replies... It is like you are ignoring the person... Use the options or just log out...

It's made that way... use it:p :D

I know it is all a crappie.com consperacy against "stumpbumpers", but come on guys the jokes over...:mad: somebody may get hurt...:(

hehehe...:D :D

J White
11-03-2006, 03:32 PM
J White, billbob told me to tell you just to put more bread on that sandwich. He said you would know what he was talking about. Been waiting to use that since fishing Sat with him.:D

Hey fishin3, tell 'im to loan me some of that stash he has and I'll do it:D
I see you have experienced the fishin' philosifer (spelling???)
If I were around him all the time, I'd write a book of quotes from him
and publish it, get rich :p

Good Stuff
11-03-2006, 07:02 PM
When I go to the new forum I can post but I can't see other post? HELP!!!!!!

Good Stuff
11-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Yes I know that. But I can't see others post. Go ther if you will and tell me can you see my post because I can't see others.

Bluegillfreak
11-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Hey when i try to get on it it says there is somone else allready loged on with my name anyway to log it out for me so i can get in?

Jerry Blake
11-05-2006, 07:59 PM
We're starting to get the new Chat Room figured out. If you close your whole browser window that FlashChat is in it doesn't completely log you out and still shows you in the Room List. IF you chose an icon to display by your name in the Room List the icon will change back to the default blue dot when you log out this way but your name will still show.

If you first click on the Red Dot in the upper right corner of the FlashChat screen and then close the screen that comes up with the Log In window then it will log you out completely and remove your name from the Room List.

There doesn't appear to be any "History" and you can't see anything that was posted before you logged in so when you log in stick around for a few minutes until someone posts something or go ahead and post something so you'll know it's working. There is a bit of a lag time when you first log in so give the program a minute or so to completely load. If you try to post something too soon it takes a while before it shows up.

Don G
11-05-2006, 08:38 PM
We're starting to get the new Chat Room figured out. If you close your whole browser window that FlashChat it doesn't completely log you out and still shows you in the Room List. IF you chose an icon to display by your name in the Room List the icon will change back to the default blue dot when you log out this way but your name will still show.

If you first click on the Red Dot in the upper right corner of the FlashChat screen and then close the screen that comes up with the Log In window then it will log you out completely and remove your name from the Room List.

There doesn't appear to be any "History" and you can't see anything that was posted before you logged in so when you log in stick around for a few minutes until someone posts something or go ahead and post something so you'll know it's working. There is a bit of a lag time when you first log in so give the program a minute or so to completely load. If you try to post something too soon it takes a while before it shows up.

Jerry, I guess the folks that did not log out the proper way can't get back in chat..It tells me that the User name is already in use and choose another..I even tried that but it didn't work....I have completely logged out of crappie.com and tried again...No dice...

Jerry Blake
11-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Jerry, I guess the folks that did not log out the proper way can't get back in chat..It tells me that the User name is already in use and choose another..I even tried that but it didn't work....I have completely logged out of crappie.com and tried again...No dice...

Hmmm, I was afraid of that. I've logged out both ways and it let me back in so I don't know what's going on. Ed may have to reload the program or empty the cache or sumptin.

ribit
11-05-2006, 10:07 PM
I right click on FlashChat at bottom of screen and then left click close. Has worked so far.

Slab
11-05-2006, 11:14 PM
I'm on it. You have to turn Popup Blocker off to log you off correctly. The program logs you off via a popup window. If you block popups for crappie.com you remain logged on and will not be able to get back in. I'm investigating a fix.

Slab
11-05-2006, 11:24 PM
The program maker has not posted a fix yet. There are two things that have to be done to log off correctly otherwise you stay logged on. You have to allow "popups" for Crappie.com and you have to "not close the browser" (you need to close the application by clicking on the "x" in the upper right corner, not on the bowser, but on the browser windor for crappie.com). Others have complained about this already to the maker so all I can do now is wait for a fix. Sorry guys.

Jerry Blake
11-06-2006, 06:26 AM
Looks like all the names have been cleared out of the Room List now so everyone should be able to get back in. I have Norton's Pop-Up Blocker and I still get the "Log In" window IF I click on the red/X "Close" button in the FlashChat window first. I DON'T see a log-out window or button anywhere.

One solution for now is for everyone to choose an Icon for the Room List. Then if you close out without logging off it no longer shows your Icon and folks will know you're really not in the room even though you're name is on the list.

CrappiePappy
11-13-2006, 11:29 AM
now you are prompted to click on the red bar (in place of the red ball) to exit the chatroom "cleanly" (ie - not leaving your logon artifact).

Once you click on the red bar ... then you can click on the X to close the screen (grey box with black X in right corner of screen). You can ignore the log-in prompt, that appears in the middle of the screen (after you click on the red bar) ... unless you want to return to the chat room. It's a "manual" way to log back in ... clicking on the "Flashchat" link, top right of page, underneath the "Welcome" box, is a "automatic" way to log-in to the chatroom.

NOW ... when you log into the FlashChat chatroom, you can quickly see who is there (if anybody) ... provided, of course, that chat users log off with the "red bar" first ;) ).

TRY THE NEW "FLASHCHAT" CHATROOM ..... "chatbox" & "shoutbox" will probably be removed, soon. "Shoutbox" has already suffered a "hack" attempt at disruption. :eek: ......... see ya'll on FlashChat ... cp :cool:

CrappiePappy
11-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Chatbox & Shoutbox have been removed ..... FlashChat is now the site chatroom. Anyone having trouble using it, or accessing it, please send a PM to "edhead" and relate your problems to him. Or you can PM me, and I'll try and help as best I can. See ya'll in "The Lounge" ......... cp :cool:

hogman
11-22-2006, 04:13 PM
I feel being in the doghouse for staying out here on the puter half the night
coming on again :D
I am thinking about buying an Eagle fish sinder, but have never used one before. Does a fish finder really help?

KansasCityLunkerville
11-27-2006, 12:33 AM
Just used the chat room.....pretty cool! Thanx for have'n it!

hogfaninla
11-29-2006, 07:06 AM
cant get it to work....says i am in the lobby but i cant type anything in

Jerry Blake
11-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Well move your butt from the "Lobby" into the Lounge and then place your cursor anywhere in the long box at the bottom just left of "Enter" and click once. Then you should be able to type in that box. If not then sumptin aint right on yo end!

hogfaninla
11-30-2006, 07:24 AM
getting it at home wont come up at work

CrappiePappy
11-30-2006, 11:02 AM
getting it at home wont come up at work

I'm just guessing here, but ...

are you "logged in" to the site, at work, and can see the "FlashChat" link and click on it ... taking you to a second screen. And on that screen, you see the big red bar at the top, that explains how to "exit cleanly". And you see several member names listed on the right upper section, some with icons & some with just blue dots in front of their names ? .... IF SO, then you ARE in the chatroom ... there's just no one else "actually" in there to talk with. Those members, that have left their names active, have left the chatroom by clicking on the (close screen) X in the top righthand corner of that screen .... and not by clicking on the red "exit cleanly" bar. They're not really actively ON the chatroom ... they just left their logon ID active. That happens all the time.
IF you do get on, at work, but can't type in any message in the message bar, do as Jerry suggests ... left click on the box to the left of the big blue ball that says "Send" and that should change the color of the box's borders from black to white, and a blinking white cursor line should show up at the top left corner of the message box. Type in your message and hit the Enter Key or left click the "Send" ball ... and your message should show up on the chat screen. The chat screen should also have already automatically posted that you entered The Lounge, and who you are & what time you entered.

OR ....
your work computer may have programming to block cookies, flash, pop-ups, etc. .... anyone of which may stop you from using the chat function.

....... luck2ya ... cp :cool:

papasage
12-11-2006, 06:01 AM
i got a old used e machine for the wife to play games on and do what she want`s to on it . i tried the flash chat last night and it will open on it . my pc is a dell and i can`t git into flash chat on it . it wan`t down load adobie 8 or 9 and thatb is waht is needed . i can`t even load annimated gretting cards . i have a frind that is supose to come over and see what he can do . he just setup my wifes e machine for her . i know now that it is in my pc and not the site .he said there was 2 things he had to take out of his to downloar adobie 8 or 9 flash player

CrappiePappy
12-11-2006, 06:34 AM
i got a old used e machine for the wife to play games on and do what she want`s to on it . i tried the flash chat last night and it will open on it . my pc is a dell and i can`t git into flash chat on it . it wan`t down load adobie 8 or 9 and thatb is waht is needed . i can`t even load annimated gretting cards . i have a frind that is supose to come over and see what he can do . he just setup my wifes e machine for her . i know now that it is in my pc and not the site .he said there was 2 things he had to take out of his to downloar adobie 8 or 9 flash player

I only have Adobe 6.0 ... since I'm still running Microsoft ME --- are you sure you don't have a pop-up blocker engaged on your Dell PC ?? You MUST enable pop-ups, in order to use FlashChat ... cp

FalconSmitty
12-15-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm in the lounge several names are in there but I see no words only mine

Jerry Blake
12-15-2006, 08:15 PM
Hey Robert:

You checked out just as I was checking in! I think all of the folks listed there on the right are not actually in the room but weren't logged off properly so their names are still showing. Some can't log back in if their names are in but some can - not sure why. I'm in there now if you want to pop back in and see how it works.

wfgd192
09-30-2007, 07:00 AM
Tried FlashChat, no reply. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I am new to this site, therefore I may have a few things to learn. lol

CrappiePappy
09-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Tried FlashChat, no reply. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I am new to this site, therefore I may have a few things to learn. lol

Chances are, you entered the chat room when no one else was there. When you enter, you may see names listed on the right hand side, and assume those people are there. They may not be ... they may have just exited the room without using the "red bar" ... and their names are "stuck" there. It's a common occurance. If there were people actually in the room, chatting ... within a few seconds of your signing on, you'd see the conversation posts.

Generally speaking, the greatest volume of chatting is between 8PM-11PM CST.

.... cp :cool: