Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iboats Good!

Post Thanks / Like

Default iboats Good!

Searched the internet yesterday for a good deal on a new transducer for my Humminbird. iboats had it for $15 less than anyone else plus free overnight shipping. Had it by noon today! Can't beat that!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Motor Guide trollling motor from them last summer and they were a hundred dollars cheaper than Bass Pro . Couldn't pass it up .
    Last edited by fish21759; 12-17-2004 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Left out a word
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Searched the internet yesterday for a good deal on a new transducer for my Humminbird. iboats had it for $15 less than anyone else plus free overnight shipping. Had it by noon today! Can't beat that!
    Just being noisey but what model Humminbird are using?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Duane:

It's a 300TX and I like it real well when it is working. It's the one I have on the front, shooting through the hull. I had to move the transducer because I made a new beaching bumper and it was in the way of the transducer - blocked some of the signal.

Had it epoxied down in the hull and I guess when I knocked it loose I damaged it. It still worked but not nearly as well and kept showing less and less detail on the screen. The place I moved it to has a pretty good slant too so I got the angled puck and it's pointing straight down now.

The 300TX shows the depth of the suspended targets and it helps to decide how deep to start fishing. I can also get a real good idea of how deep the top of the brush is - by the suspended targets at the top.

I think the model has beed replaced by the 565 but they sent me a new one this summer when I sent my old one in for repairs because it had a cracked lense - probably from being out in the sun all day, nearly every day and also from getting Simple Green on it - that stuff is bad news on Plexiglass and Lexan.

Damn, I'm turning into MOOSE!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry
    How did you make 'beaching bumper'?
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Would you put the internet address up? I am looking into purchasing a depth/fish finder and I want to find the best deal I can find. I am seriously considering puchasing a Hummingbird "Matrix" unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger375
    Jerry
    How did you make 'beaching bumper'?
    Hey Barry:

My boat is a '92 model so I didn't want to spend $500 on a Hamby's. I used a tire with thin tread (and no steel belts) and cut it so I had a strip about 3-feet long and just the width of the tread - about 6-inches I guess.

First I cut across the tread and along the sidewalls a bit longer and wider than what I wanted then flatened it out on a piece of wood on the ground and cut it to size using the straight edge.

Then I drill holes along the sides and ends about 3-inches apart. I sanded the fiberglass where I was going to put it, glued it down with 3M Adhesive and used panhead stainless steel screws (drilling pilot holes through the fiberglass) on the sides and ends.

I ran the screws in until they were countersunk in the rubber far enough that the heads are flush and used butyl rubber tape to seal the threads. It's not fancy but you have to get up under the boat to see it- the hull is black.

Only one of the places I put in has a dock (and I can't use that ramp when the lake is at winter pool) so I have to pull up to the boat ramp or bank to move my truck/trailer. I usually pull right up to the boat ramp until the bow makes contact and then pull the bow up on the ramp a bit by hand so it will stay put while I'm parking or backing in. The tire sticks to the boat ramp real well.

I won a Keel Sheild at the TeeZur Tournament - after I already had my Arky Beaching Bumper installed of course. Guess I'll use it on my next boat if it doesn't come with a keel protector. It will be interesting to see how long the tire holds up - I doubt it will ever wear through.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redtick
    Would you put the internet address up? I am looking into purchasing a depth/fish finder and I want to find the best deal I can find. I am seriously considering puchasing a Hummingbird "Matrix" unit.
    Hey Redtick:

It's www.iboats.com. This is the first time I've bought from them and the free overnight shipping is a special - not something they do all the time.

I get a lot of stuff off the Internet. After I decide what brand and model I want I use that for the "Keywords" and see who has the best price including shipping. You can usually save quite a bit, especially when they have free shipping, which a lot of them do on certain items as specials.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Duane:

It's a 300TX and I like it real well when it is working. It's the one I have on the front, shooting through the hull. I had to move the transducer because I made a new beaching bumper and it was in the way of the transducer - blocked some of the signal.

Had it epoxied down in the hull and I guess when I knocked it loose I damaged it. It still worked but not nearly as well and kept showing less and less detail on the screen. The place I moved it to has a pretty good slant too so I got the angled puck and it's pointing straight down now.

The 300TX shows the depth of the suspended targets and it helps to decide how deep to start fishing. I can also get a real good idea of how deep the top of the brush is - by the suspended targets at the top.

I think the model has beed replaced by the 565 but they sent me a new one this summer when I sent my old one in for repairs because it had a cracked lense - probably from being out in the sun all day, nearly every day and also from getting Simple Green on it - that stuff is bad news on Plexiglass and Lexan.

Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Duane:

Thank You Jerry,

I bought a 400TX last year before Christmas BPS was running a special on them for about $120 and free shipping. Bought 2, 1 for me and 1 for my dads Christmas. We both mounted them on our trolling motors. I am wanting to replace my rear fish finder that came with the boat new. It is a Hummingbird Pro-Angler and not worth a piss in judgement. I am looking at replacing it with the 565 or the Matrix 37 or 67. May just be wishing too as I want to come down to see you next Thanksgivening.
    Duane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast