Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Panfish Assassin?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Panfish Assassin?

What are your favorite color panfish assassin?
    What color do you use at night, or sunset?
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

I like the blue and silver, red and white, blue and green (which I can't find anymore actually!), green and black, watermelon seed. But I don't know if I have a favorite or not. I do change colors alot during a trip, and usually I'll find one that they seem to hit more than others. I have gotten some of these ones called Crappie Slugs, they seem to have good colors available. I have just started using some of them.
    Kevin Taylor
    20XD Bullet

Post Thanks / Like

I have real good luck on the popsicle slug. The slugs are made by Southern Pro. They have several colors of them.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Mighty, I thought there was only one color panfish assassin, thats about all I use anyway lol. People tell me that electric chicken is a good color. I catch most all my fish on Tims, Woods, and Normandy on assassins. I catch most of them at North Sauty and Honeycomb and the feed mills at Guntersville on them also. I have been catching them in the Tennessee river lately on them also in a place where I use to not catch them on them. The color I use is crystal shad, dont let the secret out though lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Default electric chick

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    Mighty, I thought there was only one color panfish assassin, thats about all I use anyway lol. People tell me that electric chicken is a good color. I catch most all my fish on Tims, Woods, and Normandy on assassins. I catch most of them at North Sauty and Honeycomb and the feed mills at Guntersville on them also. I have been catching them in the Tennessee river lately on them also in a place where I use to not catch them on them. The color I use is crystal shad, dont let the secret out though lol.
    I have not had much luck with electic chicken and have use two packs, I guess those and marabou jigs just dont work for me. LOL
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is the one that I am catch them on. I got a bag full of them. I just keep switching till I find the color they want. If I find a new color I pick up a 2 to 3 packets to see if I ( or rather the crappie ) like them.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some of the silver/clear ones a while back because I thought they would be a good minnow immitator but because of the shape of the body I haven't found a good way to rig them. Any suggestions? Pics?
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)

Post Thanks / Like

I bought road runner heads to use them on. thats what is on the bubble belly road runners.
    I seen them catchin them like crazy on Jimmy Houstons show on tomato seed.
    Last edited by crab; 01-26-2007 at 10:07 PM.
    He who dies with the most lures wins!

Thats why they call it fishin and not catchin!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

minnow color. chartruce sparkle.

Wal Mart don't carry many colors like they used to. Hulme's Sporting Good Store in Paris, Tn. didn't have any. Elliot's Sporting Goods Store in Jackson, Tn. don't have any. Hadacal Grocery in Springville, Tn. didn't have any. That was yesterday's results.

Sux.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Freeflow ....

Quote Originally Posted by freeflow_23
    I bought some of the silver/clear ones a while back because I thought they would be a good minnow immitator but because of the shape of the body I haven't found a good way to rig them. Any suggestions? Pics?
    Rig them on the jig hook the same way you would a tube .... thread it on.

Here's a pic ... showing :

Albino Shad Assassin on V-wing 1/32oz weedless jighead w/red hook

........ cp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast