PDA

View Full Version : Results Lake Griffin Slabfest 02-15-2014

flycaster
02-15-2014, 10:01 PM
We were greeted at the gate to the LAKE GRIFFIN STATE PARK by Speckanator, who worked his magic and was able to allow entry to the park one hour early.:highfive
The day did not start out on good conditions, the weather gods forgot about us and allowed it to rain, with wind not far behind. The wind did not allow much trolling in the open water.

We had eight members/guests bring fish to the weigh-in.

Darrel - Terrie Cole - - - big fish - - 15.8 oz. - - - - - Heaviest 5 fish - - - - 4 Lb - 9.0 oz. Winner of trophy Heaviest Weight of 5 fish
Pontoon Pappy - - - - - - big fish - - 1 Lb 2.1 oz - - - Heaviest 5 fish - - - - 4 Lb - 4.4 oz Second place Heaviest Weight of 5 fish
SLAB - BILLBOB - - - - - big fish - - 12.3 oz - - - - - -Heaviest 5 fish - - - - -3 Lb - 13.0 oz Third place heaviest Weight of 5 fish
Chucker - - - - - - - - - - big fish - - ---------- - - - - - Heaviest 4 fish - - - - - 2 Lb - 12.5 oz
65Pontiac - - - - - - - - - Big fish - - 1 Lb 6.8 oz - - - Heaviest 3 fish - - - - - 2 Lb - 1.0 oz Winner of Big Fish
Shuorc - - - - - - - - - - - big fish - - 11.5 oz - - - - - -Heaviest 3 fish - - - - - 2 lb - 1.0 oz
Specktacklure - - - - - - big fish - - 14.7 oz - - - - - - Heaviest 2 fish - - - - - 1 lb - 12.2 oz
Skiffin16 - - - - - - - - - big fish - - 13.5 oz - - - - - - Heaviest 1 fish - - - - - - 13.5 oz.

CONGRATULATIONS to all that participated in our SLABFEST. Not everyone that fished caught fish.

Crappiegirl1
02-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Glad to see some new blood an good blood at that. Unfortunately, even though this was practically in my backyard,(no--I live on beauclaire and im not neighbors of Slab, on Griffin, we couldn't get there from here .Look forward to future slabfests, but im afraid I wont be fishing them, as my husband is no longer allowed to load or trailor my boat---------------------therefore ill just be fishing in my own pond, but plan on showing up to see everyone and all the feeshes they caught.

wanderingrandy
02-16-2014, 06:07 AM
Here are some pictures from yesterday's Slabfest.

specktacklure
02-16-2014, 10:31 AM
:cheers2Congrats to the winners, with this being my first time out on Griffin - what a tough place to fish especially with added weather conditions(full moon, fronts, rain, wind). Don't want to get close to the fish attractors either unless you wanna donate some tackle.:mad:

:HandsClappingAs always THANKS to speckanator & flycaster for setting up everything & putting on a good time.:highfive

Shu that was the best beer batter fish I've had anywhere:notworthy can't wait til next time to eat some more.

:ThumbsUpSpecial thanks to Slab & Darryl & anyone that I didn't mention for the raffle prizes, great stuff.

Speckanator
02-16-2014, 05:17 PM
Congrtulations to all the winners!!! The prefishing weather was perfect but Saturday we had 16mph winds with gusts up to 20mph. Today 3 to 4mph...go figure!!

...I just got back from Griffin State park. Thanks to all that came to the February Lake Griffin Slabfest. Sorry we ran out of fried fish and a few other things, but we were only expecting around 25 or so people and we were pleasantly surprised when we had between 35 to 40 folks. A special thanks to shu and his son for preparing the battered fish. Thanks to the ladies for setting up the tables and getting the food on etc. I would also like to extend our grattitude to Slab (Ed) for the t shirts, and calendars and also arranging donations from B&M poles and G3 boats......thanks guys for your contributions! Thanks to fishin hilbili for the $50 gift card, FSUgreg for the Marado Bait Caster Reel, flycaster for the landing net and new trailer tire with mount. A special thanks to a first timer but longtime friend of CdC, Darryl Cole and his wife Terry, for arranging donations from Slab Daddy (T shirts and caps) and Skippers Jigs www.skippersjigs.com. I HOPE I DIDN'T FORGET ANYONE.....IF I DID IT'S BECAUSE I"M A GOOBER!!!

We had one of the best door prize drawings we've ever had because of the great donations, none of which were less than a $10 or $12 value and most were valued at over $20. Thanks to everyone who were so generous with your cash donations as well as purchasing door prize tickets. As you know this money is used to cover or slabfests and slabtogethers each year and our Slabfest Classic in April.

We had a couple new members attend "wanderingrandy" and "rooster tail" with their wives. We also had a special guest all the way from Indiana ....the number two goober and crappie.com man of the year "billbob" (Ted) make the trip down to be with us.

Here are some more pictures

rooster tail

billbob with his home remedy "cough syrup"

this what a goober does around the fire...play!

The winners

Crappielover
02-16-2014, 05:59 PM
Looked like a real good one! Congrats on that big fish Russ.

Skiffin16
02-16-2014, 08:50 PM
Great get together as usual...

Awesome food, great company and good fishing...., well the good fishing was a little lacking, but definitely better than a day working for a living.

John

TnT
02-16-2014, 10:35 PM
Wow....The #2 Goober helped the #1 Goober put at least 5 fish in the boat....Records being broke every week!!!:Rofl..Looks like yall had a good turnout!!:cheers2

65pontiac
02-17-2014, 07:28 AM
Another great slabfest. Thanks to all the cooks and the ladies for setting up. And a big THANK YOU to all that donated door prizes. It was good to see the Coles participating. I might have finnally figured out Griffin. Had the best 2 days ever on that lake. Looking forward to seeing everyone again at Dora.

shuorc
02-17-2014, 05:20 PM
Thanks to Flycaster and Speckanator for all the work that goes into a Slabfest, even without the cooperation of the weather the events are enjoyable.--shu

flycaster
02-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Thanks to Flycaster and Speckanator for all the work that goes into a Slabfest, even without the cooperation of the weather the events are enjoyable.--shu

THANKS also goes to Shu and grandson for the beer battered fish.
Things don't get done on there own, especially around the fire.

Rooster Tail
02-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Want to thank Speckanator for the invite to my first event. Enjoyed meeting a lot of great people and hope to see them and others in the future.

fishin813
02-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Recd. call from Darryl & Terri Cole regarding Saturday's "Slabfest" - The were
very glad to have finally been able to attend one of Slabfest events. Food, and
especially commradship, friendlyness of group was almost overwhelming to them being new commers.
They really had a good time and are planning on being at next event at Gilbert Park.
I inturn expressed on behalf of CDC how much you all enjoyed having them. I down
loaded some of pictures taken at event and sent to them. They were amazed at
such a turnout for weather conditions that started day out.

Billbob
02-20-2014, 03:03 PM
had a great time

flycaster
02-20-2014, 03:49 PM
had a great time

We were glad to have you in attendance. Anytime that you can find time to visit, we are more than happy to accommodate you.
I guess that your next stop was to visit with Canepole???