Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need reference on poles and reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default need reference on poles and reels

I'm as green as they come on crappie fishing but have 3 full weeks to fish in march so I'm gonna learn. I need rod, reels, line lb test, and jigs for all different setups.
    Need 8 RR for spider rigging.
    Need 3 jig pole RR for brush.
    Need 3 RR for casting long distance 7ft poles using road runners or your preference.
    Thanks I already have side pulling rods bnm difference 9ft want Lews reels but not certain on that. Just wanna learn to catch them year around consistently
    War Eagle 1754RG Side pulling. Kansas bow hunter.
    Booners & Bands Lodge.
    All men die few ever really live.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.fishoutlaw.com/?page=home
    all kinds of rods and reels out there. Depends on how much your willing to spend for quality. The camo rods are great for jigging, the classic 14 ft rods are good for spider rigging. Also have a 7'2 inch rod for casting. Reels are available there also, but I save a little money and go to walmart and buy a cheap Shakespeare.
    Blakemore/Roadrunner pro staff
    Southern Pro Tackle/ Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

Post Thanks / Like

The ESP rods have served me very well for casting jigs. I have a 7 footer and a 6' 6". The 7 footer I have caught well over a thousand slabs on. I love the action of that rod. I used it so much....two years...five days a week.......that the lacquer started peeling off and the guides started causing some issue with line I did not care for. The rod sat in my rod rack for 2 years without me using it again. Then I smartened up. I decided to have it re-wrapped and lacquered. It should be ready in about a week and I am extremely excited about it. The sensitivity of that rod is one of the best I have used for crappie...and I have many rods much more expensive. The guides I am having put on are same number and type but much better quality than what the rod came with. Those rods are still for sale around the web. They didn't quite take off like I thought and even though the guides are not the best it is still a great rod. Just my opinion.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I seen them in grizzly jig esp rods was looking for a duckett crappie poll haven't seen one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grantstricklin1984 View Post
    I'm as green as they come on crappie fishing but have 3 full weeks to fish in march so I'm gonna learn. I need rod, reels, line lb test, and jigs for all different setups.
    Need 8 RR for spider rigging.
    Need 3 jig pole RR for brush.
    Need 3 RR for casting long distance 7ft poles using road runners or your preference.
    Thanks I already have side pulling rods bnm difference 9ft want Lews reels but not certain on that. Just wanna learn to catch them year around consistently
    That's an awful lot of stuff to tackle at once (not to mention the cost of all that gear.)

I'd pick ONE method, get good at it, and then try something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to beat the Pinnacle Limits at 4 for $60 for spider rigging from either Grizzly or Monks, both sponsors on here. You can get Pinnacle Tiny 20 Classics for about $14 or Okuma Ultralight 10 for $18 each with free shipping at
    http://www.fishusa.com/Spinning-Reels#.
    Both reels are very serviceable for the price. For casting and jigging I use Pflueger Presidents, which are around $60 everywhere.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men