Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 75 hp optimax opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Default 75 hp optimax opinions

buying a new tracker 175 tf and just looking for some reviews on the 75 optimax. most of the time I will have 2 big guys in the boat sometimes 3. that's my main reasoning for going with the bigger motor. I fish mark twain lake a lot also so a bigger motor could be helpful in traveling in rough water. thanks for any input.

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE! this motor. I bought a 2013 75opti on a 176 Stratos VLO. I can get abit over 40mph which I find impressive being it is an 18' boat and my old boat of similar size had a 150 on it. Oil use is very very minimal and the gas mileage blew my mind. I can fish all day on $15-20 with moderate running and can barely tell the fuel gauge moves when trolling with it.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome, thanks for the input

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a optimax 90 on a 18.5 duracraft. I give the motor a 10 outa 10. Best on fuel I've owned and I am on my 13th.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpisani View Post
    I had a optimax 90 on a 18.5 duracraft. I give the motor a 10 outa 10. Best on fuel I've owned and I am on my 13th.

What happened to the other 12?
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

I had a very similar boat and had the 90 HP opti and it was too heavy for the boat and did not perform well. You might want to check the weight because the 75 might be the same as the 90 and might be too much weight.

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Only blew one up. lol. Sold all of them. Really liked the duracraft with the 90. But post neck surgery I needed a softer ride. I have a 20ft xpress with a 200 Yam SHO now. Third xpress I've owned. Best ride in aluminum in my opinion. But the optimax was way better on gas. And 18 mph slower.lol
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both