Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jigging Rod Options for A Guy That's Been Out Of The Loop

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jigging Rod Options for A Guy That's Been Out Of The Loop

Good evening, Ladies & Gentlefishermen,

Looking for suggestions from the old jiggin' crowd concerning a new rod or two...or three.

I have developed the dreadfully contagious Tackle Acquisition Disorder this winter that comes from visiting these Crappie.com forums. Currently my fever can only be lessened by locating a proper new jigging rod or 2. I'd like to find something with the reel seat at the butt end like a fly rod in a 10' to 11' with ample guides. I've never owned one purposed exclusively for jigging and I am thinking I need to add to the empty spot or 2 in my rod holder.

What are my options and who's got 'em?

Thanking you in advance.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Ozarks is my choice. MEATGETTER and Conway both sell them. But I prefer the forward seat myself as it helps brace'n the rod butt on my forearm. I use a pole in each hand being amidexrous and it helps holding one in each hand without loosing control.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Ozark is my choice. I have multiple 11' rear seat Ozarks and love them.

Post Thanks / Like

Ozark Rods are my choice, too!! They have the best crappie rods on the market.
    I use the 11' rear reel seat for jiggin and love it...

When using the rear reel seat the reel is behind your hand and that part of the rod/handle braces against your forearm.
    I like the rear reel seat because I can lay the line across my finger and feel the slightest "bump" on the bait...

You can get them at SimplyCrappie.com

And you can take a look at the Ozark Rod Co. website at www.OzarkRodCompany.com
    Last edited by stickum; 02-12-2014 at 10:04 PM.
    James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like

There are some Ozark rods for sale in the personal classifieds. Not mine I'm just passin it along!
    If I dont ask its my fault for not knowing

Post Thanks / Like

BnM Sam Heaton

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw
    Likes Wiskers LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ozarks 11' light action is the only way to go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hookin'&Cookin' View Post
    BnM Sam Heaton
    YOU CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS...BUT YOU CAN BUY FISHING GEAR.....AND THAT'S KINDA THE SAME THING.....
    Unknown.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen an ozark rod in person. I have always used the sams sensitive and the gold series rods. Which ozark jigging rod would compare in the rod action to the gold series. The light or heavy action? Would like to try one out. I am having to replace the tiptop eye about every 2 months on the b&m rods due to the ceramic insert.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grits and gravy View Post
    I have never seen an ozark rod in person. I have always used the sams sensitive and the gold series rods. Which ozark jigging rod would compare in the rod action to the gold series. The light or heavy action? Would like to try one out. I am having to replace the tiptop eye about every 2 months on the b&m rods due to the ceramic insert.
    seems to be a lot of wear in a short period of tome . what size jigs /line are you using ? Thinking about trying braid some and I use the Sam Heaton 11 ' . Got a 12 ' on the way .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast