Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stuffing Nibbles

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Stuffing Nibbles

CrappiePappy's idea of using a match will work but there are other possibilities.
    Consider coffee straws, free from any convenience store. The shaft from qtip swab fits perfect for use as a plunger.
    Both the straw and the plunger can be cut to the desired length. Or you can use a common plunger.
    The coffee straw can be filled like packing a bearing with grease. The end can be sealed by pinching and touching with a solder iron to keep the nibbles fresh if needed. If nibbles are dried I'd use "slab slobber" to freshen them.
    The possibilities are as limitless as the imagination.
    Fin
    Name:  013.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  64.9 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Could you explain to me what "stuffing nibbles" means?

Post Thanks / Like

Putting crappie nibbles inside a tube without a bait pump or syringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin22 View Post
    Could you explain to me what "stuffing nibbles" means?

Post Thanks / Like

How come I have never thought of that? I've been putting them on the hook and throwing them off. I'll have to try that!

Post Thanks / Like

On a similar note, do crappie nipples have a shelf life ? Will they go bad over the winter. Talking a Nebraska winter

Post Thanks / Like

No, they won't go bad. I've got a jar in front of me now that is 3 years old (just found it in the garage today). They are still soft and stinky. They are hardening as we speak, hopefully they'll be done in time for tomorrow. Use the old stock first! They were opened but a full jar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcostanzo View Post
    On a similar note, do crappie nipples have a shelf life ? Will they go bad over the winter. Talking a Nebraska winter
    If they get hot and cold and viceversa they will condensate and become mushy or stick together in a clump,allthough you can still pinch off what you want if they clump. If they are sealed in a controled enviorment they will last a while longer.
    I've always put 1 or 2 on the hook tip after letting them dry laying out on the lid while fishing to make them a little firmer, seems to stay on better.
    If I dont ask its my fault for not knowing