Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Old Weston minnow vats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Weston minnow vats

I have an old minnow vat I got from Cabela's years ago. It was made by Weston, in Oregon someplace, best I remember. There were 3 sizes, if I remember right, and mine is the middle one.

Google search for these shows they are apparently out of business. I can't find a suitable replacement, or an old one for sale.

I find a ton of folks showing how to build one out of this and that. But not these units.

Mine also has a hole in the top for an agitator. Mine was 110v, but it burned up. I'd REALLY like to find another one that fits the hole. This is the closest one I can find currently for sale, but MERCY, this one is way more expensive:
    http://www.boatcycle.com/shop/Agitat...5PS%3A%3A15APS

Anyone have an idea about either?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know anything about the Weston vats, so I don't know what the hole you need it to fit looks like, but if you're needing to agitate and aerate the water, could you fabricate a spray bar with a short piece of maybe 3/4" or 1" pvc capped on one end, and with a row of holes drilled along the length? On the other end you could put a female threaded coupling with a male threaded nylon barbed fitting to accept a piece of flex tubing and use a small pond/fountain pump from home depot. The smallest pumps will still flow quite a bit of water, and as long as they are kept submerged and not allowed to run dry, I have had good luck with the longevity. I just don't know if something like that would work because I don't know what the hole in your vat looks like, but if it could work it would be a lot less than $265.00!
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.