Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: core shot

Post Thanks / Like

Default core shot

I played with core shots the other day and came up with this one.

I'm not big on cores but wanted to see how the mold used to make these would handle the drop of color/injection to finish style of core shot and it works nicely. I filled one side of the mold with the clear bluegill plastic and then dotted the head end with a small drop of midnight blue colorant then I shot the transparent pink in to finish the bait. The top and bottom baits are viewed straight on from the side so you can't see the colorant or where the core starts but the two in the center show that nicely.

These have since found their way into my walleye tackle bucket.
    Likes wigglewart LIKED above post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting. I have to learn how to do that.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob did a how to on using this technique. Not hard to do but playing with some junk plastic for practice helps to smooth things out before you get into the good stuff. I can help out too if you have questions and Bob isn't around.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice.....love that color
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes huskerwill LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

looks great! dang, im gonna have to step it up,,, alot! i get excited when my blk/chart tubes come out lookn good! gonna have to do some playing around i guess!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like that effect. Sharp looking baits.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTom View Post
    Bob did a how to on using this technique. Not hard to do but playing with some junk plastic for practice helps to smooth things out before you get into the good stuff. I can help out too if you have questions and Bob isn't around.
    You did a good job on your core shot you guys read what ctom said in the above is exactly how I did it we we did a post on this along time ago when I was first messing around with it .

www.bobsjigs.com

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snake River View Post
    You did a good job on your core shot you guys read what ctom said in the above is exactly how I did it we we did a post on this along time ago when I was first messing around with it .
    I did some looking around in the computer and found these tips from Snake River. Not bad....Not bad at all. Time for the old man to play around with some left over plastic.

Great thread of tips Bob. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/showt...=How+core+shot
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    I did some looking around in the computer and found these tips from Snake River. Not bad....Not bad at all. Time for the old man to play around with some left over plastic.

Great thread of tips Bob. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/showt...=How+core+shot
    that wasn't very old post when I was first starting out boy have things changed since now I use a dual injector to do the same thing but it is fun to go back and mess around with that method in you can do some pretty neat core shots there are a lot of different things you can do with that old method actually you could have a three color plastic bait pretty easy and by the way I heard a piece of aluminum foil mentioned I do not use that for sure anymore we use a galvanized peace and metal and we cut it to fit the mold just make sure that your laminate plate is clean user use alcohol or acetone to it rid of all the dirt on that laminate plate otherwise when you shoot the secondary color they will not bond together if that surface it dirty just a little more tricks to the trade a lot of people get the laminate plates but they do not claim them and that's your biggest fall back and for you beginners this is a lot of information that you should write down and keep handy so many of you complaining about your plastic baits splitting well that's the problem make sure you clean that laminate plate. another thing that you should not do is let happy your mold center for more than a couple hours if it's sitting there more in a day I would not shoot to second color it will not stick I'm sure we'll get some more comments here on this one but this is what I wanted to do is get somebody else in here to comment.

www.bobsjigs.com