Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I would like that guy!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I would like that guy!!

I read Paw Paw "gene''s article " I been thinking". I never met the gentleman, but he and I have the same ideas rergarding fishing. I used to get upset if a nice fish got off. Now I just have a good laugh. There are still more fish in the lake. I too am in the seventh decade and can have a great time just watching the depth finder. Maybe its age or just the realization that success is not measured by how many fish I catch. Success is enjoying whatever time I have, whatever method I decide to try and did I learn something new. Like many who contribute to make this forum great, I could have a ball learning from"gene" and others. I know that regardless of what I run into, there is always help from this forum. I am amazed at the fishing and electronics knowledge availiable. I find it hard that others won"t join to take advantage of this great information. There are a lot of good folks, who I will probably never meet, that I feel are friends because we share the same passion.......Thanks to everyone that contributes, I enjoy learning about each one

Post Thanks / Like

Yes That was a very good and meaningful article. It did kind of strike home.
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie1133 that was well said. I'm with you as I'm on the other side of seven decades. I'm learning a lot from this forum and hope to put the info to good use.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the pleasure of meeting Gene and Linda a few weeks ago......good people......looking forward to seeing them again.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

crappie1133 and others, thanks for the kind remarks. I would also like to meet you but there is little chance I'll be going to Virginia. I have a second cousin from Virginia Beach that I have never met except through the internet. You're right about the knowledge here on the forum. As I said that is why I joined the forum to increase my knowledge and get back on track.
    Proud to be an old geezer even if I'm not officially one.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!