Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PickPocket Pump

Post Thanks / Like

Default PickPocket Pump

Anyone tried the Pick Pocket Jig Pump? Does it push out one Nibblet at a time or is it like a spaghetti string? I tried a big 60 Ml livestock syringe with a big hole drilled in the end and it would not push anything out. Just trying to figure out how it would work if the big livestock syringe would'nt.
    If I dont ask its my fault for not knowing

Post Thanks / Like

ive used the syringe but it was tough when it was cool . and I used it for tubes but I mostly just get one out of the jar lol.

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scoremaster View Post
    ive used the syringe but it was tough when it was cool . and I used it for tubes but I mostly just get one out of the jar lol.

Scott
    Kinda what I'm thinkin.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a test using a 10ml "oral medication" syringe & Crappie Nibbles, just to see if it would work. It did extrude a "spaghetti" string of nibble material out the nozzle (no modifications done to syringe). I would assume the Pick Pocket Pump would work in the same manner.

It is noteworthy to mention that the Pick Pocket Pump has a disclaimer that states it is not recommended for use with "small tube skirts". It's use appears to be inclined towards the Pick Pocket tube & "umbrella skirts", likely due to their larger hollow openings.

IMHO --
    To be perfectly honest ... for putting Crappie Nibbles into a hollow tube jig body, no special instrument is really necessary. If you have a wood kitchen match (head removed), you can soften & shape a couple of Nibbles in the palm of your hand, into a Rugby Ball shape ... then push the Nibble "ball" into the hollow opening of the tube & pack it in with the kitchen match. The match would work in either event ... before putting the tube on a jighead or to "refresh" the tube after extended use (while still on the jighead).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I use the oral syringe for infants. Just go to a pharmacy and they will give them to you for free.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.google.com/imgres?client=...YroG4Dw&zoom=1

This is theone that I use. works great for tubes

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for your expierenced replies.
    Did the string of nibblet seem to be equivelant to one nibblet or several in a continueous string?
    Seems like the string would stop at the end of each niblet.
    I wonder if the Berkley trout bait is the same formula recipe as the nibbles just in a dough form?
    We dont have trout here so I have no expierence with the trout bait.
    Last edited by fe1; 02-11-2014 at 12:49 AM. Reason: update

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I've been using for years. Works GREAT!

http://www.thebaitpump.com/
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff
    Likes chaunc, Yodibuzz, short grub LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fe1 View Post
    Did the string of nibblet seem to be equivelant to one nibblet or several in a continueous string?
    Seems like the string would stop at the end of each niblet.
    The Nibbles are smashed together inside the barrel of the syringe/pump. There's only one way to get any "equivalent" of one Nibble ... and that is to only put "one" Nibble in there. Wouldn't really matter, though ... since you only compress the syringe/pump long enough to fill the hollow of the tube. And, you wouldn't load the syringe/pump one Nibble at a time, either. That would make the process too time consuming & cumbersome. But, I wouldn't load the barrel more than 1/3 full, either. And I would remove any leftover Nibbles from the barrel, and return them to the jar, after you've finished fishing for the day.

Here's one of the pics of my test extrusion :

The syringe was loaded with only 7 Nibbles. However, I did not test this on any hollow tubes, so I have no idea how many Nibbles it would take to fill them. I would think, however, that no more than 2 to 3 Nibbles would sufficiently fill most 1.5" - 2" tubes.

Note: after you place the Nibbles into the barrel of the syringe and put the plunger back into place .... hold the syringe pointing up, before pressing the plunger all the way in. This allows the air inside the barrel to be forced out first, and the plunger to compact the Nibbles against the nozzle. It also shortens the length of the syringe, so you get better compression and can manipulate the syringe with one hand.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

C.P. much obliged for the tutorial on the info, trouble, time and pic. Thats mighty kind of you.
    I tried it with No luck but I think my nibblets were probably a little to dry. I'll try again with a fresh jar. I assume the nibblets were straight out of a fresh jar and not mixed with anything, right?
    Thanks Again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast