Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Colorado?

I have a friend moving to Park County in Colorado because his wife has some arthritis issues that altitude helps her with. Problem is, he's a south Luziana boy that loves to crappie fish and is wondering if those days are over for him or not.

There are a couple reservoirs around his new property, one is 11 mile reservoir or lake or something. Anyway, I told him I would check out the crappie.com Colorado forum and ask....whoops...aint got one!

So, anyone with any park county Colorado info could sure perk him up a little. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they are there, dunno. But fished it for several years in the 70's and early 80's and never saw one.
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I'd put crappie on the backburner and take advantage of some of the finest trout fishing in the world.
    Likes Eagle 1, Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

check with droptinejoe on the Kansas board, I believe he moved there and has been catching crappie in Colorado, he can fill you in on the opportunities.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys, I appreciate the info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    I'd put crappie on the backburner and take advantage of some of the finest trout fishing in the world.
    Them trout sure dont taste as good as a mess of slabs!
    Bologna Sammich Prostaff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie chasin fool View Post
    Them trout sure dont taste as good as a mess of slabs!
    Not sure I agree with that one! Them trout are mighty fine eating as well!!!
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Kman, tell your friend that he will enjoy the trout, several species, around Park County Colorado. I moved from there in 1996 due to health problems. He will be able to enjoy river fishing around Lake George, super fishing in 11 mile Canyon and camping there too. And of course 11 mile reservoir, don't lay the pole down while fishing there the lake claims hundreds of them each year, the trout love to snatch and run off with the poles never to be seen again. He will be able to contact the fish and wildlife and they will point him out to where he can fish for Crappie Gills and the dreaded green fish He will have to drive some but it will be worth it. Tell him to take advantage of the salmon snagging and smoke up as much as he can, I never got tire of eating the smoked kokanee but after awhile and eating trout 5 or 6 times a week you can get your fill. On the other hand, he will be moving into the best deer and elk hunting territory around and on Wilkerson Pass (hunt the burn area) and he will have meat all winter. I will caution you to have him obey the game laws because they are very protective of the hunting and fishing regulations and the guys and gals enforcing the laws will do it with a smile. They were the friendliest folks while I was there and were nice to be friends with. Ferdi formerly from the woodland park, and Montrose areas.
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Here in ky they stock these guys in a few of the creeks and streams. They are the only trout I've ever had any experience with but I've cooked them every way imaginable, grilled, fried, baked, and just can't get um to taste as good as a big ole slab fillet.
    Bologna Sammich Prostaff
    Likes BoarBuster LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Tell your friend to check out Pueblo Reservoir. When I lived in CO (34 yrs) there was good crappie, bass and wiper fishing there. Just watch out for the wind when it suddenly picks up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast