PDA

View Full Version : Old video re-done

kingkrappie
02-09-2014, 07:13 PM
So I've been working feverishly on getting better at editing video, and while I still have a ways to go, I wanted to get some feedback from you guys. I'm working towards a local variety-outdoors show this fall, and I need to get it nailed down by then. This is all shot with my old cameras, so there will be some "shake" at times. Pay no mind to the ads, this is Slab-approved! The meat of this video is from last year and some of you may have seen it, I added some things to try and make it more informational. I think this is the only 2 lber we've ever caught on film. Thanks!
http://youtu.be/Eg6ploP2eXs

wilbur
02-09-2014, 07:24 PM
Nice video

RCC
02-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Josh, you know spider riggin' is for sissies or so I've been told:Rofl

Good job on the video. I really like the intro. Gotta work on my snowflake knots. See ya'll soon at Grizzly. Will be looking for a Reelfoot tip. Not a tip on how to catch a fish, but a tip on how to keep from tearing up our stuff on the stumps on our first trip over there:biggrin.

Good Luck

RCC and Carol

Rsw
02-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Great video!

broharrell
02-10-2014, 12:38 AM
Like the video!

eric 3501
02-10-2014, 12:53 AM
Reel good video. Always enjoy them. Lots of real good info for the beginner too....:ThumbsUp

kingkrappie
02-11-2014, 09:34 AM
Thanks guys!

shipahoy41
02-12-2014, 06:51 AM
Really nice video there. Lots of fog out there for the day before Easter. How did you keep the Orka from falling off when you were on plane? On some of the scenes I would recommend a slower pan by the camera especially when reaching for nets during an excited moment. The viewer of the video doesn't want fast herky jerky film to watch. Just my opinion.

Cray
02-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Nice job Josh. Like your videos.

kingkrappie
02-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Thanks Ship exactly what I was looking for, adding a second, stationary camera to cut to should fix that. We have fog occasionally throughout the year. And what's this "plane" you speak of? I'm from Reelfoot!!

arkansasbowhunter
02-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Nice video

crappie4me2
02-13-2014, 05:50 AM
Great Job Josh!!

Bronson
02-16-2014, 09:24 AM
Better than anything I've seen on TV. They would get more viewers with your video than the stuff they've been putting out. Less talk and more walk. Good job!

kycreek
02-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Nice video. Info on the products without overdoing it. Good natured bantering & talking about conditions went over well.

dkb23
02-17-2014, 09:23 AM
As i told you before. I like the "realness" and the "roughness"of your videos. I like that you joke around with each other, take time out to talk to two old cane pole spider riggers in Mississippi, etc. Don't lose that in the shows. You and Chippy make a good team. Btw. I do like the intro. Really nice. With some great shots! Hope it works for ya buddy. Looking forward to seeing ya do well. I believe you got the talent to make it happen.!

ifish
02-17-2014, 01:43 PM
I am going to play devils advocate here because that was what you asked for. The video is very raw and to some folks that is fine but there is a big difference between edgy and raw. I would invest in a motion stabilizer. All that jerking around is annoying. The wind noise is really bad. You can use foam padding over the microphone and get rid of a lot of the noise. Some of the best videos I have seen give more detail into what kind of structure you are fishing and why. Using graph shots with where you think the fish are really helps. Getting into the mindset of the angler is interesting to me. Looks like one big advertisement to me. Editing is key. You are off to good start and I truly wish you the best of luck!! Thanks for sharing.

dkb23
02-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Sure they need some work. But that is what editors are for. Just need some big shot to pay for one. Lol.

Luvfatslabs
02-17-2014, 03:14 PM
Great job on your video

Smith2013
02-17-2014, 05:02 PM
Great video josh! I love watching you and skippy work. I'm a dyersburg local and fish 3 days or more a week at reelfoot, so if you and chippy ever need someone to hold that camera while y'all fish, just shoot me a pm and I'd be honored to tag along.

the wonder
02-17-2014, 06:45 PM
I found it very entertaining. Natural, un rehersed feel to it. You may try putting some
crappie slime on that squeaky seat! :Rofl .....Just Josh'n you! No pun Intended! :Rofl
Keep them coming.

usafret99
02-17-2014, 06:51 PM
looks good

Good Stuff
02-18-2014, 04:03 PM
I found it very entertaining. Natural, un rehersed feel to it. You may try putting some
crappie slime on that squeaky seat! :Rofl .....Just Josh'n you! No pun Intended! :Rofl
Keep them coming.

This!

bayoumonster
02-18-2014, 05:49 PM
I like to watch shows with really beautiful scenery----I once loved the "Virgil Ward" shows when he did a lot of Alaska fishing and such. I like to hear how the fishermen found the spot, what the structure looks like below the water, and a picture of what it looks like with Digital imaging and plain old sonar. Then I like to see a few fish get caught. I liked the fact that you had some nice closeups of the biggun. I want to know what time of year it is, how cold the water is, and why you fished it to start off with. I also liked the writing on the screen to show what products you were using instead of being told. That way if I'm interested, there's no chance in me misunderstanding what exact product you mean---and I don't like being bored with it. THe intro I enjoyed as well.
Hope you have good luck with your show,
JBJ

kingkrappie
02-19-2014, 09:40 AM
So Smith, how big 'a boy are ya?...
Thanks guys, yeah I have pedestal issue that needs rectifying! I'll work on sound and better explanations, the picture of what's under water is a good idea but I've never attempted any computer graphics, I'll look into it. ifish thanks for your honesty, you have to find a balance between showing off your sponsor's products and not looking like a paid ad, easy with the equipment you're using, tougher with others, but it has to be done, otherwise there is no show. Thanks again guys I really appreciate it!!

Smith2013
02-19-2014, 03:11 PM
I'm 6'5 and built like a brick building lol.

Smith2013
02-19-2014, 03:17 PM
Lol I'm good at staying out of the way, though. I run a 1652 polarkraft and I scale her like a spider monkey lol. I'll be at reelfoot Friday through Monday, so if you make it out there give me a shout. Would love to meet ya in person.

kingkrappie
02-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Some aerial shots might be nice!!!

Smith2013
02-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Hahaha crappie fishing at a whole new angle lol. You should see me filming deer hunts in a tree stand!