Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: for DonG, Killer, or Don@Eden

Post Thanks / Like

Default for DonG, Killer, or Don@Eden

Just wondering has anyone been on the lake and can tell me what condition is it in? Color? And most important how far has TVA drained it this year and have they stopped yet? I wished they would not drop it so far down and take it up so quick right in the middle of the spring fishing!!!!
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey F3

I think you'll get more answers from these guys, if you post on the main board. Killer & Don@Eden live on Watts Bar ... and they only seem to post on the main board - and only once & awhile. DonG is in Virginia ... but does make several trips to Watts Bar, yearly. He, too, is more likely to see a post on the main board.

And on the subject of TVA messing with the water levels ... yes, it is unfortunate that they will be bringing the water level up or trying to control/maintain it during the spawn - but, they're in the business of flood control and power generation and barge traffic, not fishing. The economic impact of their job is much greater than the impact of the anglers and fish camps. That doesn't make it any easier to deal with, and I don't know what the end result will be (in terms of good/bad spawns & fishing in general) ... but, it's the way things are, and we'll have to deal with it.
    You should try and come to the Spring Fling, this year. According to the TVA schedule of water control, and the normal spawning runs of Crappie ... it should be at a time when the fish are coming in and looking for beds. Of course, Mother Nature will have her say in matters, too. But - regardless of the situation - we'll be there, hunting for them ... and hopefully yanking a few of them into the boat ...LOL!! ..........luck2ya ..........cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

I will try that next time. I know about the TVA thing it just burns my buns!!! I am going to try to make it to the fling. I keep talk to or read post from these guys and would like to put name to the faces or vice verse. But I do appreciate the suggestion and will do that next time.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!