Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clinton Lake 10/29/06

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton Lake 10/29/06

:D What a BEAUTIFULL day !!! Caught just about every speicies in the lake on the face of the dam. I think every shad pod, in the lake, was there in less than 10ft. Best bite came from 14 to 20ft. Using a 1/8oz jig with a Crappie Pro 'Wasshoppah'. Had to fish VERY close to the bottom. Crappies, white bass, walleyes and hybirds. Smallest crappie was 11in. WARNING!!! Hybird hit my dipping pole that only had 20yds of line Spooled me before I could get the drag set. If ya catch it,,,I want my jig back. Heh! Heh! Heh! You can keep the line though:rolleyes: 55 degrees surface temp. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you have a great day at Clinton. I used to fish Clinton when I lived in Lawrence, but now I have moved to KC, and the lake is still in my good memory. So I totally missed the newly stocked wipers...

How big was your walleye? I have never caught much walleyes before, so I am not sure how good the population is nowadays for them 'eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

PT1, walleye just 18in. There is a very good population of eyes, some pigs too. 8lbers commom in June on the flats. Hybirds are getting up to 20in and growing fast. Eye fishers fed them a lot of crawlers:D this summer. Heh! Heh! Heh! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Chatt...do you ever not catch fish??? you are always catchin bigguns.... i had a rough early fall...i could not find those fish shallow or deep.....tough times....better last weekend on that 75 degree day....caught several fish at hillsdale....its getting close to time for me to put the boat away for the winter in storage....hopefully i will get a day or two in before it gets too cold.

Post Thanks / Like

WHAT!!!!!????? Chad, don't put that boat away!!! In December, when the lake temps hit the lower 40's,,,best catchin' time of the year. Limits everywhere,,even Hillsdale! "Always catchin' biguns" Did you see what we weigh-in at the CUSA Classic??? One .46 slab I have bad days just like the rest of ya but,,,, I don't post about them:D Heh! Heh! Heh! <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't Put The Boat Away!!

Just browsin through the thread and read your post..I second what the other poster told you. When that water temp hits around 40, usually around the end of Thanksgiving the crappie really start stackin up. From then into Feb you can have a hay day in just about any lake. I have seen many a time when fishermen thought they were on structure and it was a school of crappies...heck whats fun is when you have a nice day (wind wise) and just troll with them.

Give winter fishing a chance for sure!!

drifter
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton

That's good news I will be going up there next week hope the fishing stays like is is.
    I was at Ozarks and Truman last week and the fishing was so bad some of the locals would not fish the tournament.
    Looking forward to fishing my own lakes for a change. I have not been on Clinton for over a year time to fish for fun.:D :D :D