Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Min-O-Mizer

Post Thanks / Like

Question Min-O-Mizer

Getting the fishing gear ready this week while I'm stuck inside with the cold and snow, and it seems my Frabill aerator has died on me.

I've always liked the idea of the Min-O-Mizer, but I don't know how it would operate in a boat. I use Plano styrofoam lined buckets with the latching lids to control splashing when running down the lake.

If I use the Min-O-Mizer, would I take it out of the bucket when running or while getting bait, or do you all even run the thing while you are in the boat? I generally run my bubbler most of the day on the lake, then hook it up to an adapter and run it all night.

What bucket do you all use with it?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What are you talking about ?
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    What are you talking about ?
    One of these : http://hypark-specialty.myshopify.co...cts/mino-mizer

I had one a looooooong time ago, but didn't like it. Runs off a 6V battery & floats on top of the minner bucket water, spraying a fine mist around & around to aerate the water. Can also be purchased with a connector to use with a 12V battery.

... cp

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pappy
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 15 dollar power inverter that plugs in the 12volt power supply, and an aquarium pump to aerate my minnows. total investment of about 20 bucks for all including the tubing and air stone. Just freeze some 2 liter bottles and add 1 to the 5 gallon bucket containing the minnows and they will keep even in the hottest weather.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Mino-Mizer all the time. I have both the 12v and 120v adapters. I leave mine run non stop Thursday night through Sunday. In my truck, my basement, the boat, the campground, everywhere. I only have a 10hp motor, however if I leave the lid on the minnow bucket while traveling I put something on it so I don't lose it. I also make sure the water level is low enough that the mino-mizer still floats with the lid in place. I use a 5 gallon bucket with Styrofoam insert, and my partner up front uses a 3 gallon bucket with plastic lid. He also has a mino-mizer in his bucket.

I used to use aerators until I found the mio-mizer. Ill never go back to an aerator. An aerator only oxygenates the water. The mino-mizer also cools the water.My minnows live longer with the mino-mizer.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!
    Likes hawgdog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the mizer take up a lot of room in a regular bucket. I have a 3 gallon plastic with styro insulation liner. How do you get the minnows out with it in the way??? Looks like a good idea, just not sure how unhandy it is to get the minnows out.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Dip net.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I ordered one this afternoon from the Mfg. and I got an email about 3 hours later that it had already shipped. Talk about fast!! I was wondering how big around it was. That is why I asked about getting the minnows out. I have a 3 gal insulated bucket. I ordered the 12 volt converter too, I have a plug outlet up front and will run it off that.
    So this thing is small enough to get the net by it and get minnows out without having to remove it?
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    Well I ordered one this afternoon from the Mfg. and I got an email about 3 hours later that it had already shipped. Talk about fast!! I was wondering how big around it was. That is why I asked about getting the minnows out. I have a 3 gal insulated bucket. I ordered the 12 volt converter too, I have a plug outlet up front and will run it off that.
    So this thing is small enough to get the net by it and get minnows out without having to remove it?
    My min-o-mizer is 4 inches diam.
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast