Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Little Maumelle Weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little Maumelle Weekend

Caught a few (mostly small) Saturday and Sunday at various areas between the I-430 boat ramp and the mouth of the LM River.

CEB - I saw your mention in another post you kept about a dozen Sunday. What depth are you catching them? We're plagued by the yellow bass and the occasional catfish...on a few small crappie in between.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry - meant to post this on the Arkansas Board.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question? I fish there several times a year and I guess I'm confused on the names...If you launch there at the 430 ramp and go back into that creek, is that the LM? or do you go around out on the main river to get to the LM, up closer to the Maumelle park?
    greenwoodpittbulls.com
    greenwood360.com

Taking pictures keeps me insane!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey TJ - straight up from the I-430 ramp is the Little Maumelle River. Around to the Arkansas, them up by Maumelle Park is the Big Maumelle River. I see fishing reports for Little Maumelle Creek and I'm not sure where or what that is.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks for the info....I go fishing in LR more than I go here, so just trying to stay up on the lingo....
    greenwoodpittbulls.com
    greenwood360.com

Taking pictures keeps me insane!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey J, I intended to run back over and talk to you, but I ran over my time limit on the river. You need to get out there in the boat with me sometime. I could show you several little small places to try. My past few trips haven't been too successful. The crappie have been very scattered. I've caught them from 3-16' deep. The majority, but still very scattered, have been at about 14' deep. I'm not too sure of the pattern right now. The yellow bass have been a huge headache here lately. I'd say that it's about 5:1 bass to crappie. Plain minnows have been the only thing working here lately. We need to meet up one afternoon. CEB -

Post Thanks / Like

If you head out east of the ramp, you go into the main river. If you go west of the ramp, you're on the little maumelle. I'm fairly sure that creek and river are talking about the same body of water. Some people refer to them as creek, and some as river. Same thing for the Big Maumelle creek/river.