Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ISM Patoka Tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default ISM Patoka Tournament

Time to schedule lodging for the tournament. Fishermans Village is again offering a 10% discount, let Janet know you are fishing the tournament when you make your reservation. This is a nice clean facility and pet friendly.

Get it done, we be burnin daylight.

http://patokafishermensvillage.com/
    Just a fool fishin
    Likes filletfetish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I know it is a month away but unless we start getting some warmer weather, there might be an ice issue. has anybody got an ice report? the last time Brookville had this thick of ice there were pleasure boaters showing up at the ramp just to find the lake was still 75 percent covered. it was like 80 degrees that day.

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to ever count Mother Nature out, but my guess would be that there will be a pretty good rain between now and then. Warmer, moving water wears ice down pretty quick. I've been on Monroe with better ice than this and most of it be gone by the following weekend. If you're coming down from the northern range, you may very well still be ice fishing, but I think Patoka will be primed and ready.

Post Thanks / Like

4-5" of ice down here. I had a buddy ice fishing on Patoka last week we said he had 4". I'm heading back out morrow morning. They are pulling the lake also. We will have to wait and see. The weather said yesterday above average temps for march. But next 7-10 days temps won't get out of 30's we'll see.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indianachinker View Post
    4-5" of ice down here. I had a buddy ice fishing on Patoka last week we said he had 4". I'm heading back out morrow morning. They are pulling the lake also. We will have to wait and see. The weather said yesterday above average temps for march. But next 7-10 days temps won't get out of 30's we'll see.
    Was he doin any good ice fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

4-5 inches is not bad we got at least twice that up here. they are calling for 7 days of below freezing temps and some single digits so it will get a little thicker this week. if you have snow on the ice it will help insulate it and slow the freezing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Was he doin any good ice fishing?
    Yes crappie and red ear.