Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey, welcome to our new Ice Fishing Forum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey, welcome to our new Ice Fishing Forum

Now all we have to do is wait for the ice. I know last year here in Illinois we had literally no ice. I think there was one weekend you could ice fish and that was only in the channels.

Anyway, lets thank crappiekid24 for the suggestion to add an Ice Fishing Forum, and for volunteering to moderate. Thanks crappiekid24

I'll remind everyone of my ice fishing report back in 2005:
    http://www.crappie.com/TurtleLake2005/html/8.htm

This was on Turtle LAke in Wisconsin. You can tell by the Blaze orange hunting cloths and the racoon hats! eh
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Its 31 this morning after being 76 yesterday!!

Never really freezes hard enough here to trust it,but when I lived in Mn......!!

Someone will soon post the famous blonde icefishing joke.

Post Thanks / Like

Suppose to get real cold this week in MI, were ready here!
    Quit wishing and go fishing
    www.theeyeshaveit.net

Post Thanks / Like

When fishing in ice, what do you do when your fish doesn't fit through the hole?
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stumpbumpers
    When fishing in ice, what do you do when your fish doesn't fit through the hole?
    Start choppin.... LOL. When I was little I was out with my Dad and a couple of his buddies and one of them hooked into a big Salmon.... well as far as I was concerned that fish was comming up through the hole! To their amazement I took my coat off and rolled up my sleeve and stuck my arm into that cold water upto my sholder and got that fish out! It was big. Also a bit unusual considering it was like February and those fish should have been back out in the lake...

My arm is still cold!

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Congrats

This is a great idea for those who love to fish hard water. Good Luck CrappieKid on running and monitering this board. There are quite a few icefishing members on the Pa board, and hope to see them post here. We also have two members who compete in Icefishing events in several states, so hopefully they can give perspectives on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Woo Hoo! I'm ready! Open water fishing this time of year is a drag. We didn't get good ice last year, but since October has been one of the coldest on record, I'm hoping we get out this winter.

What's the earliest any of the true northerners get safe ice?

Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Not to put a knot in this but if you check the post in the main board it was me who started this idea.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

personaly I wish it was spring already:rolleyes: warm and crappie in the brush everywere. buttttt until then hard water it is, still beats sittin in front of the tele gettin old and fat ( oops already am them):D sure do love the way they taste in the winter.
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward for FIRST ICE.Bought a new Shappell ice tent Rover 1.0 last year and never got to use it because of the very short season.Just purchased Cold-Snap Parka by Vexilar and hope to get to use it.You have to purchase the Ice Issue Magazine by In-Fisherman because it comes with a DVD by Nature Vision showing some of the NEW PRODUCTS for the 2006-07 ice season. GOOD LUCK TO ALL !!! and great to have a ice fishing forum on Crappie.com because that is what I mostly fish for through the ice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast