Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know if LaCygne boat ramp is iced over with sleet??

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyone know if LaCygne boat ramp is iced over with sleet??

Understanding there is a ramp and ice section, in a few hours this post won't help our cause if unanswered Does anyone know the condition of the boat ramp at LaCygne as of Saturday or Sunday? The store there is closed on Mondays and I am not sure who we can contact to find out. We want to get out today however hate to drive down there to find that steep ramp is iced over like my driveway.
    LIFE’S TOO SHORT TO FISH WITHOUT BEER

Post Thanks / Like

Well we took a chance and the ramp was open and the fish were biting. Caught a ton of shorts and kept 32. Fish are very healthy. Amazing how fat the fish are. Big difference from the crappie we caught at wolf creek. Only one other boat on the lake and those guys sat in the same spot all day. We did not get a chance to talk to them so not sure how they made out.

Post Thanks / Like

glad they are still biting

Post Thanks / Like

What was the water temps?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delayed response. The temps were in the mid 30s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HairyVetch View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response. The temps were in the mid 30s.
    I'm assuming that was the water temp at the dam? Any idea what it was at the outlet? Any ice on the lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluebasser86 View Post
    I'm assuming that was the water temp at the dam? Any idea what it was at the outlet? Any ice on the lake?
    when I get down there I will get you a temp if ya want to know the temp where it is coming out of the plant prolly need to go inside and ask them??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HairyVetch View Post
    Well we took a chance and the ramp was open and the fish were biting. Caught a ton of shorts and kept 32. Fish are very healthy. Amazing how fat the fish are. Big difference from the crappie we caught at wolf creek. Only one other boat on the lake and those guys sat in the same spot all day. We did not get a chance to talk to them so not sure how they made out.
    Back in the day the Wolf Creek crappie were fat chunks. First one I ever caught from that lake got a 1/4 rattletrap sideways in its mouth. It was fat as heck but wasn't big enough to keep at that time. Its kinda sad seeing the change in them from the late 90s to now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springhillwantabe View Post
    when I get down there I will get you a temp if ya want to know the temp where it is coming out of the plant prolly need to go inside and ask them??
    When I say the outlet I mean the hot hole right where it flows into the lake, usually the warmest water in the lake but it hasn't been very warm at all lately. I'm hoping to go Thursday, wanted to go to Wolf Creek but right now they're calling for 17mph west winds which is a little more than I want to try to deal with out there if they'd even let me on the water in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluebasser86 View Post
    When I say the outlet I mean the hot hole right where it flows into the lake, usually the warmest water in the lake but it hasn't been very warm at all lately. I'm hoping to go Thursday, wanted to go to Wolf Creek but right now they're calling for 17mph west winds which is a little more than I want to try to deal with out there if they'd even let me on the water in the first place.
    You can get on the water at 17. A couple things to remember about that lake.
    1. Its on top of a hill so whatever the wind speed is predicted to be add on about 5 mph at a minimum.
    2. Even with a full windshield it can suck total balls making a run to the south end of the lake in any substantial wind from the east or west.

Back in 06 or 07 we were having a great day on the walleye out there. Wind came up out of the North and we decided to get out. I had an 88 StarCraft 16 ft deep v boat. We ended up taking a wave so big over the bow that it killed the motor. That was a scary day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast