Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dumbfounded

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dumbfounded

I seriously need some assistance. I've been trying to find some information on the net about cleaining/oiling/maintaining fishing reels and haven't been successful. OK, let me say, I haven't found a step by step process with a diagram included. I would like to begin to get my gear ready for next year (no warm weather in MI during the winter) and wanted to know what I should do. I've never cleaned my fishing reels and I can tell they really need them. If any of you knowledgeable fishermen and fisherwomen can assist a rookie, I would greatly appreciate it. Please help me!!!!!
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

depends on the type reels you have - but you might have to email the company and ask for the instructions
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

most reels come with a breakdown diagram . post the brand and the moddle . some one might have a diagram . most of my reels are zebco . i have several bait casters . hardley ever use them . i mostley fish for crappie or brem . some time i will put a baitcaster out for catfish on the river .
    just did a search on zebco reels and found this . you might find some moredoing a search on zebco reels
    http://www.mitchellparts.com/index2.html
    Last edited by papasage; 10-31-2006 at 07:33 AM.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I have an old Quantum quickfire spinning reel (cannot remember the model) and I'm not at home to look it up. I knew I should have kept all of the information. I also have an Okuma baitfeeder spinning reel. I might have the information on that reel, I'll have to check. More homework when I get home!

Hey papasage, I do have a Mitchell reel at home too, so that site you gave me will prove to be very helpful...just as soon as I get home to see the model number.
    Last edited by cstyle; 10-31-2006 at 08:31 AM.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

OK, after doing my homework, here are the reels that I have (all spinning).
    Okuma Epixor EB50
    Quantum SX1 - I know it's old, but it works
    Mitchell Avocet S2000 - I didn't see that in the site you provided

Corey