Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Changed Pot Handle Weight

Post Thanks / Like

Default Changed Pot Handle Weight

This got rid of my drips. Filled a stainless nipple with lead. Threaded it to fit the handle. Old weight propped on the handle just for comparison.
    Name:  1.29.14 035.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  51.0 KB
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!
    Likes MSGCANNON LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea. I may try that myself. Do you get any type of heat transfer to the new handle at all?

Bobo

Post Thanks / Like

BoBo ,It is like the old one just a little heavier. Not hot or even warm. Takes a little getting use to the extra weight. I posted on another thread about getting rid of drips and I also drained the pot and lapped in the pouring rod tip to the pot orifice with a cordless drill very slowly. Works great now after 2 months.
    Life is Good !
    Likes Bobo Greybeard LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I modded my pot also
    I have the 20 lb pot
    I replaced the wooden Handel with a metal weight and removed the flow screw and added a weight to the top of the rod to adjust the flow now I raise and lower the weight and this stopped a lot of my drips and if it does drip I can turn the rod by hand to take care of it it works great I get burned a lot less now

Also my pot sets on a little wooden stand (2" high) I made for it I drilled a hole in the bottom plate and in the top of the stand were a drip would hit and under the stand is a aluminum plate if it does drip it don't splatter anymore
    Likes Bobo Greybeard LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FISHER HAWK 186 View Post
    I modded my pot also
    I have the 20 lb pot
    I replaced the wooden Handel with a metal weight and removed the flow screw and added a weight to the top of the rod to adjust the flow now I raise and lower the weight and this stopped a lot of my drips and if it does drip I can turn the rod by hand to take care of it it works great I get burned a lot less now

Also my pot sets on a little wooden stand (2" high) I made for it I drilled a hole in the bottom plate and in the top of the stand were a drip would hit and under the stand is a aluminum plate if it does drip it don't splatter anymore

I really like that idea. I will be adding a wooden tip on the rod. Great ideas. Thanks
    Life is Good !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FISHER HAWK 186 View Post
    I modded my pot also

Great idea making a riser so drips go below and spatter is contained.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good ideas guys, thanks for posting them.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4