Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dried Gulp!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dried Gulp!

I have used some GULP! baits here through the ice, with mixed success...

I dug them out of the tackle box last weekend, to find out the jar had drained out...so the baits are in the jar with no liquid...they are still moist but not sure how long they will stay that way..

Anyone else have this problem? what can put in the jar to replace the liquid? can I just use water? or is it something special?

this stuff is too expensive to just buy more... want to use what I have

Thanks

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Special Juice. I would at least try water. They sell the juice to rejuvenate them but it's high to. Might want to keep them stored in the cold.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking a little salty water with a few drops of veg. oil. What does it say the ingredients are on the bottle?
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

The gulp alive containers are notorious for leaking. They will dissolve in regular water over time. Trust me they won't last and get really soft. You can get the gulp alive juice in a bottle called recharge.

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/produ...echarge-liquid

I have Plano liqua bait container. It works really well for gulp alive.

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/plano-t...099046510.aspx
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The bottle says they are soaked in a "fish attractant" formula.....since it's not food,they don't have to disclose the ingredients...

oh, and my tackle box/bag is rather smelly now...

I tried water, I'll see how they work on Saturday!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'll get one of those Plano containers! Thank

Post Thanks / Like

It is a nice container. They have a rubber gasket on the lid. I have two and there made to stack on top each other.
    It doesn't say anything on the link I posted but both of mine also came with a pair of plastic tweezers to get the bait out.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the best luck with Gulp in really cold water. After finding out how badly the containers leak I bought a three pack of plastic containers from the Dollar store made by GLAD these are about 3" tall X 3 3/4" diameter the lids screw on tight and don't leak.

RHB

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Gulp alive mini minnow in a small jar. Yhe first thing I did was add a small rubber band around the thread to prevent leakage.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

As others have said the containers they come in are pathetic. Bunch of folks have complained to Berkley and get what amounts to be a shrug in response. It appears to be a marketing strategy.
    Almost any container will work better than what they come in. I use plastic mayo jars no more than 1/2 full and I make sure they stay upright. The "recharge" ain't cheap but it's less than a new bucket of their bait and from what I can tell it lasts indefinitely so not a bad investment. Plain water won't do you any favors.

We use a bunch of Gulp for saltwater fishing but have recently found better alternatives. Gulp baits are soft so toothy critters beat 'em all to heck, at over $1 per bait it can get real expensive real quick. We started using other brand plastics(Z-man in particular) and smearing on Pro Cure gel. The results are as good or better than Gulp most of the time. The Pro Cure comes in a small bottle but it goes a very long way. It'll stay on soft plastics for days and you have to intentionally wash it off hard plastics(cranks). A 2 oz bottle should easily last a season or two. I'd thought about buying the panfish or crawfish stuff for crappie but decided to give the shrimp flavor a try since I already had that. It works, and can really make a difference on slow days.
    And no, I'm not affiliated with Pro Cure in any way other than being sold on their product.
    You just gonna sit there an argue, or fish?
    ~Claud Ledbetter~