Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Crying Shame – Billbob 2013 Man Of The Year

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Crying Shame – Billbob 2013 Man Of The Year

It's a crying shame that our plan to surprise Billbob at the Toledo Bend Louisiana get together did not work out. We had a banner, a trophy, all sorts of lovely young ladies for him to take pictures with. It woulda been great. He woulda loved it.

Name:  cc2.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  44.5 KB
    Sorry you had to miss it, we missed you Billbob.

But we made it work out anyway. I mailed him the trophy and a t-shirt, which he received on Friday. The timing was perfect. He says he was surprised anyway. You may know that he don't text, but his wife did get a pic of him when he received the award.

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  65.2 KB

Why Billbob did not receive this award any sooner is beyond me. He has gone to more Crappie.com events, in more states, than any other member. He promotes the site everywhere he goes. He and I travel together to many events as well, where he helps me behind the scenes with so many little things. He always seems to be thinking of others, even if it's to do nothing more than give them a JADA t-shirt.

I have an outstanding example where he took care of another member that had fallen and hit their head. We were to go out on separate boats one morning. I was kinda wondering where Billbob was cause we did not see him launch. Kinda figured he was just sleeping in. About 9 or 10 am I get a call from him and he tells me about the incident. He mumbles something about staying back with him cause he himself did not feel well. But come to find out, he was not going to leave anyone behind. He made up the excuse that he did not feel good to keep the injured member company. He did not want that member to feel bad that Billbob could not go fishing cause of him. This just shows you, it's not about the fishing, its about the fellowship, and this fellow named Billbob sure has plenty of it.

There are plenty more examples, and those that have met Billbob know exactly what I'm talking about. He certainly is quite the character, in many positive respects of the word. Welcome home Billbob, welcome home.

"Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wing, and only character endures." Horace Greeley

For those that missed it, this was previously announced on the Louisiana forum here inside this thread.

It was also announced here that CrappiePappy made 2013 Crappie.com Man Of The Year as well.

FYI: We have been announcing two “Man of the Year” winners for the last couple years. We likely will continue this trend for the foreseeable future just cause we have so many great members! Anyone can nominate a member by PMing a Supermod. Please see the original post about qualifications.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  cc3 (Custom).JPG
Views: 687
Size:  107.5 KBName:  cc4 (Custom).JPG
Views: 699
Size:  105.3 KBName:  cc5 (Custom).JPG
Views: 708
Size:  103.2 KBName:  cc6 (Custom).JPG
Views: 689
Size:  105.8 KB

"G" stepped up to the plate to fill in for Billbob in Louisiana, appropriately wearing a Vietnam War Veterans Hat.

Last edited by Slab; 01-28-2014 at 01:55 PM.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Great story Slab ! Congrats guber of the year or was that man of the year ? billbob for president .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Likes Slab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Dang it BillBob. I know you would have liked all the lovly ladies. I hope you are feeling better.
    Make sure you get to the Kentucky sindig this year woun't be the same with out you.
    You never know Mickey might show up again.
    Corn Field Crappie Gear
    Member Podunk Ideas Pro Team

Post Thanks / Like

At-a-boy billbob!!

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  WTG.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  6.0 KBAnd I"m learning there is more to this man than most folks are aware of.........and I salute you Billbob. Great to see you get honored.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Likes prefers shiners, "D", Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Well deserved! Proud to call you a friend!
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

... not only do I have to look at that guber's mug every day (on the coozie), now you're telling me I hafta SHARE the 2013 MOY status with him, too

Well alllllrighty then ... couldn't have asked for a better co-winner than the infamous BILLBOB .... proud to share the honor with you, brother. Congrats !!

... cp
    Likes kycreek, RetiredRR, Billbob LIKED above post

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Billbob, Congrats on being "Man of The Year." Though I have never met you, but, by the way other members all ways seem to pick on you, tells me that deep down inside, they have utmost respect for you.
    Likes RetiredRR LIKED above post

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast