Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: FYI Lowrance GPS users

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default FYI Lowrance GPS users

Are you aware of these free enhanced lake maps. I compared one with whats on Map Create and they are a big improvement.
    http://www.lowrance.com/Mapping/LakeMaps/index.asp
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

how can you veiw it on the pc, I have a hotmap of the us do you think it has more info on there than hotmaps does? I thought I could pull it up on the pc but not sure what to use to open.
    Tim

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crapaddict
    how can you veiw it on the pc, I have a hotmap of the us do you think it has more info on there than hotmaps does? I thought I could pull it up on the pc but not sure what to use to open.
    I "think" you need Map Create to look at it on a PC. At least it works for me.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the Info!
    Roy

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried to view the enhanced maps on the PC with MapCreate 6.0 and 6.3 and could never get it to work, but... you can view them through an emulator by saving the downloaded enhanced map to C\program files\ lowrance electronics\Unit Demo\Maps0. Open you're emulator and go to full map, then zoom in to the area that the downloaded map is located. I would download one of the larger screen emulators just for viewing these files, as the details are much easier to see. Emulators are a good way to practice settings and such so you waste less time on the water.
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I "think" you need Map Create to look at it on a PC. At least it works for me.

it also worked for me.