Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: braided line for dock shooting

Post Thanks / Like

Default braided line for dock shooting

I'm thinking of trying 15 lb. braid instead of my usual 4lb mono.for shooting docks. Has anyone done this?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaggiesMaster View Post
    I'm thinking of trying 15 lb. braid instead of my usual 4lb mono.for shooting docks. Has anyone done this?
    Haven't used my PowerPro 10/2 hi-vis braid all that often for shooting docks, but I have done it. Worked OK, considering the rod being used is a 7' Bionic Blade, which has a much stiffer action than the 5'6" & 6'6" ESP rods that I normally cast/shoot with (w/6lb mono).

... cp

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't shoot docks, but use braid on everything I have. Think I would go with 10 lb for the smaller diameter. Braid wants to float so on really small jigs will really slow the drop. Which I think would be a good thing.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I would use PowerPro's 10/2 or 15/4 with Litewire Hooks. You'll lose less jigs that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaggiesMaster View Post
    I've done it, used power pro and also tried Nanofil. The Nanofil worked better for distance. Didn't really care for either one. For some reason, the braid seemed to fray faster, and once it starts to fray even a little, you lose distance very fast. Went back to mono and co-polymers.