Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you store your plastic jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you store your plastic jigs?

Was wondering how y'all organize your tackle boxes by color, brand , style etc and whether or not you take your soft plastics out of the bags or leave them in bags.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep mine in TB by colors, But do have two boxes by brands witch I thing I like better. Most of the time I leave in bags until I am fishing with that color of jig then I'll take the out of bag and put in box.
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Post Thanks / Like

I use a BPS worm binder - something like this >>
    You just gonna sit there an argue, or fish?
    ~Claud Ledbetter~
    Likes strmwalker, ehall LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Generally speaking, I leave them in the pkg they came in ... or put them in a small ziplock bag of approximately the same size. All those bags/pkgs are then placed in tackle boxes, in accordance with where/when/how I'm fishing. Occasionally I will move them around, between boxes & storage containers, depending on how well they've produced ... or if I want to give them another chance to prove themselves

Since I usually use weedless jigheads for casting plastics, I don't tend to lose all that many plastic bodies ... so my "collection" stays fairly substantial.

... cp
    Likes ehall, FishOnHook LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with Pappadave, the BPS binders are awesome. I just received two that i ordered last week and i am more than just a little impressed. Tons of room and I went ahead and ordered 1 set of extra pages, cause you know you will load those suckers up. Personally I leave everything in its package, unless I can find a storage device that will allow me to remove them. Plastics, I feel, do not store well out of their packages. But thats just me. I have been using 2 Plano double sided TBs for the last twenty years and this year i figured it was time for a little change up! LOL
    Most men spend their entire life fishing, without realizing its not the fish they are after!

Post Thanks / Like

I mainly use the binders for plastics(didn't read the OP correctly). Got a pouch for each different color. The ones I use most come out of their original package and dropped loose into the envelopes - easy to grab - likely to buy them by the hundred. Stuff I don't use as often stay in original packages with several per "page".
    Other tackle, like cranks for instance go in plano style boxes. Got boxes for jigheads, boxes for topwater baits, boxes for worm hooks, a couple specialized spinnerbait boxes, waterproof planos for river floats, etc. My "tackle boxes" are milk crates, or file crates. Keep all the different planos in an old file cabinet and just pull out the ones I need for a particular trip and drop 'em in the milk crate and go.
    ~Claud Ledbetter~

Post Thanks / Like

papadave,what size are the bags and how much do thet run?
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 boxes of different colored plastics and one box with jigheads...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

If you use the BPS binder the rings open accidentally quite often. Fix them by replacing with a couple shower curtain rings.
    Likes ehall LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    papadave,what size are the bags and how much do thet run?
    Here's what I have(or close, mines an older model) > http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...2042405182739/
    ~Claud Ledbetter~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast