Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to the Montgomery area

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to the Montgomery area

Hi All,

I am new here in Montgomery AL and I was just wondering if there is any good bank fishing spots near by? I just moved here from Smithville MO which is about 25 miles north of Kansas city where I had great banks to fish for crappie. I have been here for a few months now and have not got a line wet yet and going stir crazy for fishing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kevin,

Used to fish Smithville a lot when I was stationed at Ft Leavenworth. That lake was awesome! A lot of the reservoirs have causeways that allow passage to different sides of roads that pass over creeks and bays. I am up in N AL along Guntersville, Wheeler and Wilson. Not sure what you have there, but if you can find a causeway or bridge, they almost always have crappie around them. Welcome to the board.

Post Thanks / Like

There are some corp of engineer access sites all down the Alabama river,,far as I know from Montgomery down to at least Camden that might offer some bank fishing,,Also behind Jordan dam north of Wetumpka,and behind Mitchell dam further upstream the Alabama power has bankfishing access,,Jordan on the east side,mitchell is on the west,,,hope this helps,,should be crappie and stripes there when it warms up,,cold enough here in coosa county,,charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both for the information. It is very helpful. Just need to get out and check out some sights.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the sunny south....PM sent
    Life is good!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome. I sent a PM.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!