Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 76 Ouachita Flatbottom Restore

Post Thanks / Like

Default 76 Ouachita Flatbottom Restore

When I bought this boat it appeared to be in pretty good shape. It was just an old flatbottom that someone had drcided to put a deck in.
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1390526473164.jpg
Views: 1743
Size:  85.0 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1390526514818.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  75.2 KB The carpet and seats were fairly new and it had a livewell, so I jumped on the deal. Quickly after buying it, I realized that it wasn't in as good of shape as I had thought. The carpet was mildewed on the bottom, the glue was coming loose, all of the livewell plumbing was cracked and leaking, there was practically no wiring in the boat, no lights, no switches, and there were thousands of pinholes in the back due to battery acid leaking in the bottom of the boat(apparently.) I guess I got in too big of a hurry when I bought this boat. Anyway, after a lot of debate, I finally got the leaks welded and sealed properly, so I decided to bite the bullet. I left my motor down while backing down the ramp and busted the column, so when i tried to start it it fell into the lake!!! (another story.) So I had a little time to spare and decided to gut it.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1390526546121.jpg
Views: 1891
Size:  93.5 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1390526563847.jpg
Views: 1445
Size:  88.1 KB
    I redid all of the plumbing for the livewell and ran all of the wiring. I added some wiring for runnung lights and on the front and back and a few other things that the boat needed, sorry no pics of that. More to come
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

"But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

You can find the rest of the here . http://www.crappie.com/crappie/showt...ing?styleid=19
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)