Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is GE as good as I hear tell?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is GE as good as I hear tell?

I watched a show the other day where a couple guys were fishing on GE and it was incredible. It was their first time there. I sure don't see a whole lot on here regarding it, but do see some. I'm almost 700 miles away, so I'm not coming down, but always interested in hearing about other places. Also heard Kirwin may be better...

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/showt...-Elder-Crappie

Its a great lake...You should make the trip sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Never ice fished it but by all account and the photos and reports I've heard and seen yes it is that good west of the causeway for ice fishing. Is this the video you speak of saw it and blew my mind

Post Thanks / Like

James is a great guy! I also saw some Youtube open water videos that I couldn't believe.

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to watch the video to figure out that GE didnt mean general electric but its nice to see some posts from you guys! Its all about sharing info!
    Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pool13_Jeff View Post
    James is a great guy! I also saw some Youtube open water videos that I couldn't believe.
    The lake is not near what it was 3 and 4 yrs ago. Yes these fish can be caught like that while they are on isolated spots in their winter schools. Without a good shot of water the next couple years, it most likely will get back to below average. Would like to see these "ice pros" announce the names of each body of water they fish. There are more localsn upset with their publicity than they made this out to be, not to mention making the majority of us that use sonars and icerods portrayed as "hicks from the sticks" down here. Understandably everyone wants to fish a hot body of water, the boys out here in BFE as stated by certain folks, generally do not like mass invasions from the morth due to a bunch of loose lips.

Post Thanks / Like

Never fished Glen Elder but have "heard" good things as well. Have to say that I follow multiple fish forums and have grown tired of people grumbling that "their secret" state fishing lake is receiving positive reviews for fish populations. I like having access to good fishing holes as much as anyone else but don't believe in keeping information from other sportsmen. In the end, it is the education of those sportsmen and continued support of recreation that will keep our "secret" state fishing lakes viable for future generations.Those state and federal parks are supported by all of our tax dollars after all. My belief is that we need to encourage people to use our natural resources and evaluate how we manage those resources to meet the demand. Keeping information from those that want to enjoy our sport(s) doesn't help. If folks want private spots they should invest in real estate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Catman66086 View Post
    Never fished Glen Elder but have "heard" good things as well. Have to say that I follow multiple fish forums and have grown tired of people grumbling that "their secret" state fishing lake is receiving positive reviews for fish populations. I like having access to good fishing holes as much as anyone else but don't believe in keeping information from other sportsmen. In the end, it is the education of those sportsmen and continued support of recreation that will keep our "secret" state fishing lakes viable for future generations.Those state and federal parks are supported by all of our tax dollars after all. My belief is that we need to encourage people to use our natural resources and evaluate how we manage those resources to meet the demand. Keeping information from those that want to enjoy our sport(s) doesn't help. If folks want private spots they should invest in real estate.
    Catman, I have no prob helping someone out in this sport and I agree without outdoorsman there is no outdoors. Was explaining to the previous post why he doesnt see much posting activity on the lake anymore. Unfortunately with every outdoor show that deer hunts, fishes,etc., this speeds up the overcrowding of public waters and leasing. We all know this will lead to no outdoor activity for many and this is the troubling part.

Post Thanks / Like

No worries. I certainly don't wish to offend folks. I do disagree with you in regards to outdoor shows and other publicity. I'm seeing a group of young people these days that prefer video games to the outdoors. Only way to reach those folks is through numerous media outlets, good education about our natural resources and adults willing to invest the time to pass on the knowledge. There is enough open land in this country for recreation to continue to grow without overcrowding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Catman66086 View Post
    No worries. I certainly don't wish to offend folks. I do disagree with you in regards to outdoor shows and other publicity. I'm seeing a group of young people these days that prefer video games to the outdoors. Only way to reach those folks is through numerous media outlets, good education about our natural resources and adults willing to invest the time to pass on the knowledge. There is enough open land in this country for recreation to continue to grow without overcrowding.
    Good points, it just gets frustrating every time a high roller posts another "leased" sign and there are 45min waiting times on the ramp midweek. Didnt mean to offend you either. Good fishn to ya, if you get up towards Glen, I welcome any new faces in my rig to fish with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast