Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question about crappie reels.

Butt_Ugly Guest

Default Question about crappie reels.

I bought an Uncle Bucks Crappie Reel from BPS, and I am confused on how the drag works. Is it not supposed to work like my bass bait casters? No matter which of the three setting I put it on, the crank is locked to the spool. What is the benefit of a drag on a reel that will not free spool when to much pressure is put on the line? It reminds me of an older fly rod reel.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

Are most crappie reels like this?

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about the Uncle Bucks reels, but the Wally Marshall Deluxe Crappie reels have a drag where the spool will slip without the handle turning. They are very nice little lightweight reels. IMHO they are well worth the extra $5 over the Bucks reels.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Butt_Ugly
    I bought an Uncle Bucks Crappie Reel from BPS, and I am confused on how the drag works. Is it not supposed to work like my bass bait casters? No matter which of the three setting I put it on, the crank is locked to the spool. What is the benefit of a drag on a reel that will not free spool when to much pressure is put on the line? It reminds me of an older fly rod reel.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

Are most crappie reels like this?

Joe
    you,re right. this reel is direct drive. use it much like you would a fly reel. lol

keep your powder dry:o :o :o