Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    yes just read the same thing on Yahoo.com
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Big J, now what kinda post is that on the main Crappie.com forum! : )

Oh well, thought I'd let you know that stupid me didn't have the correct 3xl tshirts available till today (I just got them now), so your shirts will go out tomorrow. They sent white t-shirts to me in the first batch of 3xl's. I've returned those and now have the right color, "natural". my bad

I'm not using white cause I think they'd just get dirty way too fast. And I don't use a dark color cause the designs don't lend themselves well to dark colors, imho.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Don't see a post by me ED.
    Just commenting about how things that were predicted a while back are now happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, i like the natural colors the best. White shirt on me is an invitation for disaster.

Post Thanks / Like

I know you can see that i deleted it, but don't tell, shhhh

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More GPS

I think the Galileo GPS is partially functional now. Major contributors are the French and the Germans. Why bother shutting our GPS down? The French will give theirs to anyone against America. The Russians also have a GPS system called Glonass. It is not well maintained, and is virtually falling out of the sky, but lots of it functions still work. We stand alone.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Sheeeeeeeesh Don't tell anyone this but............... We have new lazers systems and other ways of temporarilly or permenantly shutting down other country's satellites when ever we want to.

We can either jam them to make them nonfunctional for a short period of time or just take them out. So let the French put these things up. China is developing the capacity to put many small satellites up into orbit. I bet we can take them out too. We are trying to make our satellites smaller and stealthy so that they are harder to see and or destroy.

Lots of secrete works goes on in this field. During the war with the Taliban in Afganistan the Taliban guys were trying to use Russian Jammers to distrup our GPS signals. Maybe that was in Iraq where they did that.

China is also developing long range nuclear missle submarine. They want to take back Tawain and they intend to stop our navy from defending that Island. Therefore they are sending out subs to loiter around Guam and the Japanese Islands. Maybe they are conducting training exercise. Some want the USA to have 40 new Virgina Class Fast Attack Subs ready over the next few years. Germany has developed some very quiet technology that can drive a sub without making any mechanical noise other than the turning of the propeller and the shaft. These new subs will have fuel Cells that don't have amy moving parts. They are more quieter than our best nuclear subs in some ways. They will be very hard to detect when underwater and can stay under water for weeks on end and they have very long ranges too. We have to keep our eyes on Germany, India, China, Korea as well as Iran and Russia these days. We have way too many countries with rockets and nulcear capabilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I think the Galileo GPS is partially functional now. Major contributors are the French and the Germans. Why bother shutting our GPS down? The French will give theirs to anyone against America. The Russians also have a GPS system called Glonass. It is not well maintained, and is virtually falling out of the sky, but lots of it functions still work. We stand alone.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nose Cutting

Sounds like cutting your nose off to spite your face. Disable the network so an enemy cannot benefit and we (our troops) loose the benefit too. "We've just gotta do something. Don't really know what we should do, but we're going to do something," sounds like to me. "Oh look at me, I'm a politician in action."

In my opinion, sometimes the best action is no action at all. Over analysis of a problem usually leads to more problems than before. This occurred in the 80's over the issue of inter-service communications. When we would do joint field ops with the Army and Air Force we, Navy and Marines, did not have comm with them which lead to mission failures and an overwhelming number of friendly fire incidences (simulated of course). By the time the powers to be were done with it, you had to make nearly a dozen radio comm links before getting your message to the right unit, etc. By that time it was too late.

Okay, I'm on my soapbox. Perhaps, there is more to the network than just positioning and navigation that we don't know about. It's a good thing I can read a map and use a compass. I can make a pretty good dandilion, pepper grass and termite larve soup too. Worse comes to worse, all this technology won't guarantee the survival of a person.

Does anyone know if any of today's modern weapon systems use GPS for targeting. If I'm not mistaken, there are specialized devices that can pinpoint GPS receivers to pinpoint their location. Now that could be dangerous for our troops. Easily fixed though. Just pass the word through the emergency networks and have every citizen in the U.S. turn on their GPS. Nobody would be able to pinpoint anybody. Too much going on.

Anyway, that's my moose-length reply to a subject that motivates me. I'll just keep a few markers in my boat just in case the network is turned off when I'm fishing.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Darryl:
    This communications thing is so important that everyone is on the same Frequency or at least they all hop along the same frequency changes in the same time frame.

I think that we have the abilty to control where in the World the GPS can be turned on or off. ie we can have it turned off so that they can't target us here in the States but the system will still be useful in say Iraq or Iran. Not sure how good this works or how much accuracy they have in this prodecture. But I bet that it has to do with the 24 DIFFERENT satellites in orbit at any one place on earth there are only 12 satellites overhead and the other 12 will be on the other side of the earth out of sight. So maybe they can turn off each satellite individually for periods of time or just degrade the signal. I am sure that our guys have the capabilty to receive the signals UNDEGRATED like in the past. Before President Clinton turned off the Selective Available degrading signals for civilian use the Armed Services still could receive the accurate signals. The US Armed services have different GPS units that we have in civilian use. I am so glad that they turned SA off so that we can find our fishing spots easier and more accurately.

As for guiding weapons the old dumb bombs can have a new GPS receiver attached to it that guides the newly attached fins to put the bomb into smart bomb mode. The cost is much less than in the past and they can be use in rain and snow where lazer guided smart bombs don't work. Rain and snow won't interfer with the GPU's GPS guidance and they can hit stationary targets. They won't work against tanks that are moving so we save the Apaches for that task or if they are't there the A10's can be used. The flying Titanium bathtubs are very good at taking out moving armor with that 30 mm gun and depleted uranium bullets.

I don't mind them turning off the GPS systsem in times or war as that is necessary. I just hope that we don't have to turn it off during this police action on terrorism. This war on terrorism could go on indefinately just like the war on Drugs. If that were used as an excuse to prevent us from having good gps signals to use for our fishing that I would become upset.

Maybe they can turned the system off in Iran and keep it working in the USA. Or they could watch and see when an enemy fires a weapon at the USA and then turn off the GPS for just the short flight time of that missle and then turn it back on. That would not effect our fishing much and it would foil the enemies aim.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast