Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My First!

My panda let me borrow his Lee pot & half a dozen of his mold's and today I poured my 1st jig heads. NOW, I'm gonna have to get me one!!
    My 1st afternoon of pouring (I know in the time it took me to pour these, my Padna woulda had at least twice that many done)
    Likes Bobo Greybeard LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not bad for your first time. Now your hooked for sure. Another way to spend more money
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Those look good.

Bobo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo Greybeard View Post
    Those look good.Bobo
    Thanks Bobo

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    Not bad for your first time. Now your hooked for sure. Another way to spend more money
    Yeah, I'm shopping for my own Lee pot now!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a cool hobby! You probably won't save any money because it is addictive. I ended up buying the stuff for spinnerbaits, soft plastics. I refuse to go further into cranks and rod building. I have been teaching my son the hobby and figure he might benefit from it financially some day. It sure is a cool and fun hobby though. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Hay pepop's what model walleye mold is that can't find one barbless? Were can I get it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justcameslabdaddy View Post
    Hay pepop's what model walleye mold is that can't find one barbless? Were can I get it?
    It had a barb but my Padna modified it with JB Weld. Works pretty good. I was pouring one each of the 1/16oz, 1/8oz & 3/16oz at a time. Sure wish I could find a mold with 3-4 @ 1/16oz & 3-4 @ 1/8oz. That'd speed things up a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Vern, you're going down another of the dark roads!!!!!!!!!!!LMAO Materials are bad enough molds and melters can be even worse!!!!!!!!! Have fun buddy!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Vern, you're going down another of the dark roads!!!!!!!!!!!LMAO Materials are bad enough molds and melters can be even worse!!!!!!!!! Have fun buddy!!!!!!
    I had a blast yesterday in the 2 hours it took me to get the batch if jigs in the photo. It's really a cool thought that maybe I can take a chunk of raw lead, do a little sumpin, sumpin to it, add a few materials to it, then take it out and put a crappie in the boat with it!

Post Thanks / Like

There is a young man up this way that had a Lee Pot for sale. I will see if he still has it for you.

Bobo

give me a day or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast