Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling motor swap out

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling motor swap out

Currently running a 24v I-Pilot and want to be able to fairly quickly swap it out for a foot control cable type trolling motor.

How hard to do it. I have the Minn Kota quick plate that the I-pilot fits into. I am sure someone here does this or has done it.

In windy conditions it is almost impossible to hold the boat in position with the I-Pilot and I saw guys making it look easy with a foot control cable steer TM's today.

I would buy another Humminbird 2d/DI transducer to mount on the foot controlled one

Thinking something like this 82lb 60" shaft as i am running a 1825 Lund

Name:  MotoGuide.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  20.1 KB
    Last edited by KAG; 01-18-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Get another quick change bracket to attach to your cable motor. Easy quick swap out.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes KAG LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply, I was figuring it was a matter of unbolting and unplugging one then mounting a plugging up the foot controlled one. A good foot controlled 60" 24v is up there $$

Post Thanks / Like

It's not as easy as it looks either, quite a workout sometimes. I'm trying the xi5 with pinpoint over my cable steer. I've got some back ache issues and it flat wears me out trying to run that motor anymore. Of course due to age it probably doesn't turn nearly as easy as it should either. But I'm betting on the new motorguide to work on anchor mode.

Post Thanks / Like

why not just get the foot control for the I-Pilot...I bought mine as an add on accessory when I purchased my I-pilot,,,you should have a short pig-tail coming out of the I-pilot...just attach foot controlled pedal there....

http://store.minnkotamotors.com/prod...ova_Foot_Pedal