Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod holders

I know this topic has been beat to death, but i am looking for a different style of rod rolder. I want one that stands fairly tall(so Fatboy doesn't have to bend over and fall out of the boat), four poles per holder and this is the trick, one that i can take on and off like a boat seat. I don't want any bolt downs or any i have to do any unfastening to get off. I want some with a base like a boat seat that slides in and out. Any ideas? I have done lots of searching on various crappie sites over the last few weeks without much luck. I wouldn't mind haven't fastened ones, but with two little ones, i don't like the danger factor. I could take them off when we go fun riding, then put them on when fishing. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked at Tite-lok? http://www.titelok.com/

I bought the quick draws from cabelas and like them.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    I know this topic has been beat to death, but i am looking for a different style of rod rolder. I want one that stands fairly tall(so Fatboy doesn't have to bend over and fall out of the boat), four poles per holder and this is the trick, one that i can take on and off like a boat seat. I don't want any bolt downs or any i have to do any unfastening to get off. I want some with a base like a boat seat that slides in and out. Any ideas? I have done lots of searching on various crappie sites over the last few weeks without much luck. I wouldn't mind haven't fastened ones, but with two little ones, i don't like the danger factor. I could take them off when we go fun riding, then put them on when fishing. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

send me your phone number....i have a simple,strong and fast snap on snap off system thats also CHEAP....ak-moose

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Fatboy, Mine are homemade and they unscrew from a low profile flange that stays fixed to the floor. They can be taken out or put in in probably 5 seconds and just the other day I found some material at lowes that makes them as strong or stronger than anything on the market. You can build a 4 rodholder t-rack like this for about $17.00 not counting the rodholders. I picked up my rodholders for only $3.95 apeice and the are very sturdy. The only problem is the rod holders come from the dreaded wal-mart! Sorry , Im not meaning to start a riot but just letting you know where they came from. If you are interested let me know and I'll be glad to give you full details on how theyre made . ..........treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

Default seat mount rodholder

This might be what you're looking for? It attaches through your pedistal of your boat seat. Can be directed front, left, or right.
    http://www.grizzlyjig.com/Poles/poles/poles.htm

Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Darryl, thats exactly what i am talking about. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Ak-Moose, just got your message on my cell a little bit ago. If you don't care, pm me with the info. I appreciate you calling. I have been working some crazy hours lately. Days, Nights, Half a day, Half a night, sorry i missed your call. Thanks.