Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minnows so thick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnows so thick

This was one night on Berlin Lake in Ohio. The minnows were so thick my fish finder blotted out. Several times when I missed a fish that night. The fish got my minnow but it impaled an innocent bystander. Been fishing a lot of years but never seen them as thick as they were that night.

Switched to jigs and still foul hooked minnows when jigging. Fish of all types were smacking the dog crap out of them.
    Even carp showed up for such an easy meal. Cousin and I were laughing at one ole bullhead catfish. He was laying underneath back of boat . His stomach was so gorged it looked like he was gonna explode.

We limited out on crappie managed a few nice walleye. But lost count of the sub 16 inchers that hit the boat that night. Small mouth bass fed most of the night too. Biggest of them was about 3 lb don't eat bass but they sure are fun to catch.

Night was dead calm and was " dark of the moon " . We laughed at how the mass of minnows even caused the submersible light to move.

One of the most fun nights ever. Equally remarkable was how fast everything disappeared as the first rays of daylight hit. Like someone turning on a switch.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That's an exciting report and a truly unusual picture. Thanks for sharing!