Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Who are your Top 3 anglers? Who taught you to have fun or have you already forgotten

baggingbluegills Guest

Default Who are your Top 3 anglers? Who taught you to have fun or have you already forgotten

Mine:

1) Brad Gaskins: A neighborhood kid, who when I was age 4, would take a bunch of the local kids fishing with him to a lake spillway @ Ft. Bragg NC.
    He intoduced me to angling, taught me how to swim, and how to run from the CO's (we thought we needed a license).

2) Dennis: My brother who always went fishing with me even on days he didn't want to.

3) Jimmy Houston: His passion, not in his accomplishments etc, but for the truth in his facial expression, he still has what I had at that spillway in NC, and am slowly getting back from a renewed intrest in panfishing without the egos, competition, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Oliver Townsend: My grandpa for taking me out in his boat when I was a kid to check trot lines, and going to catch some crappie at the boat house.

2. David Townsend Sr.: My father for waking me up all those cold rainy, snowy, and blistering hot days to go fishing and to teach me about life.

3. Leon Geir: My fishing buddy that is closer to my dads age than he his to mine. For teaching me how to fish for crappie with the long rods and being a true friend when I needed one the most. Plus all the vast knowledge he has taught me about crappie fishing in general.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing

My God for letting me have a place close by to fish.
    My Uncle for taking me with him to his river cabin.
    My Dad for taking me when he`s wasn`t wanting to.

Post Thanks / Like

1.God
    2.Family
    3.Friends

I try to always thank God for all things- Good and Bad.
    I thank my Dad for teaching me to hunt and fish and plan on passing this knowledge onto my son and daughter.
    I thank my fishing buddy for going with me anytime one of us felt like it.

As far as professional fisherman, I guess I started out watching Bill Dance and then later learned alot from watching Hank Parker.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

my grandfather,when the farm work was done we would go to the creek that was on our property,fish and swim and cook taters and fish on a camp fire,,,best of times!!!
    slyder-man

if you cannot run with the big-dogs then

keep your pooch on the porch!!:p :p

Post Thanks / Like

1 my mom for letting me go fishing.
    2 my grandfather for asking my mom to let me go and teaching me how to catch crappie
    3 my dad for taking the butt chewing for going fishing and making sure that i went with him even if it was for the bass i loved every minute of it.

just got back from Iraq and hoping the old man will do a little crappie fishing with me when i get back to Alabama even if it is cold. nothing will warm you up faster than catching a mess of crappie in the winter. keep on fishin
    fighting for this country(it can't always be someone ELSE'S SON)
    keep on fishin

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

my father, bless his soul, was responsible for making a fishing fool out of me. he fished for everything, but his heart was in crappie fishing. he's in crappie Heaven now .

my son just got back from Iraq. was in the Marines. is in college now at Fla. State. Hope i get a chance to spoil him as much as my dad spoiled me on fishing.

keep your powder dry

Post Thanks / Like

David Summers. He loved making crappie jigs, telling stories, and playing jokes on people.
    Tim Huffman. His passion for writting about crappie fishing is wonderful.
    Bill Dance. He loves crappie fishing and having fun.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]