Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie USA Tournament @ Columbus, MS.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie USA Tournament @ Columbus, MS.

Is anyone besides me fishing in the Crappie USA this weekend at Columbus, MS?

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how it goes. What the winning method is. Thanks CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

It stunk. The wind blew all day and the guys that won claimed they fished blow downs and structure in 2-4 feet of water. Me and my 12 year old son had our seven fish but they only weighed 4.56lbs. The winners had 9+ lbs. I really didn't believe the winners because the fish we caught were around 10' and the winners pf the semi-pro said they fished 20' of water. Me and my son did catch and weigh in more than my dad and my 8 year old. That really made my 8 year old mad. We all had a good time and did qualify for the regional which is also in Columbus, MS in April. I will also take anyone that reads this fishing on Columbus lake just for some pointers. We can go now or wait and go this spring. I dont use jigs very much and desperately would like to learn how. So anyone fishing the regional, here's your chance to see Columbus lake from my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Minnerman,I may take you up on that offer me and my ten year old son will try to make the regional.Team Briggs and Briggs, Joey
    Take a kid fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Just let me know when. Me and my 12 year old will be better prepared in April. We are already planning some condo building and tree trimming.

Tracy Humber

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Minnerman]the guys that won claimed they fished blow downs and structure in 2-4 feet of water.. I really didn't believe the winners because the fish we caught were around 10' and the winners pf the semi-pro said they fished 20' of water. QUOTE]

Now we KNOW fishermen don't tell "windys" :p :D :rolleyes:

Seriously, I've had that happen, and come from folks I trust...
    I caught fish suspended 15' deep in 30' of water, only to have them
    clean my clock catching fish 2' deep around standing timber - still in
    deep water though.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I've been catching good 'uns deep and then the water temp dropped from 66 to 59-60 so i figured go a little deeper. Boy was I wrong. Guess I should have went to the banks like the wind was try to do to me instead of fighting the wind trying to stay in the deeper water. Oh well live and learn. My son was just happy we got to weigh in and oh yeah it didn't hurt his feelings when he caught the biggest of the day either!!!

Post Thanks / Like

There is nothing like fishing with your kids in tournaments especialy when they beat you.
    Take a kid fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Thats exactly right. I would rather fish with my 2 sons and not catch anything than fish with the best fisherman and catch a boat load and be wondering what my kids were doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Minnerman,Iwould like to try to get together around March and have you show me how to get around the lake ,i heard it can be tricky. All i use is jigs my son likes to use minnows that maybe why he beats me most of the time!
    Take a kid fishing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast