Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optima battery

Post Thanks / Like

Default Optima battery

Getting ready to buy new trolling motor batteries. I am considering optima blue tops. Need advice and input on this battery from trollers. Thanks!

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never used Optima batteries. What I use is group 31 stud batteries for big trucks like 18 wheelers. They hold up good for me. They are large so may not fit in some boats.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and works great - have had it for three seasons with no issues. To be frank, not sure how much difference between the Optima and my other two batteries which are standard wet cell. I rewired everything the same year I bought the Optima to have one battery only start, one battery only trolling motor, and one battery all the accessories. This really helped my electronics and got rid of interference. The trolling motor battery seems also to last a lot longer now but not sure because it is an Optima. May be too much information, but I like them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had them for on a 24 volt motor for a few years now (not sure how long) and have had good luck. They do seem to hold out better than the batteries I used to use. Will I replace them with new Optima's when they bite it, depends on my back pocket at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! If anyone else would like to chime in, I would love to hear your opinions because I've still not made up my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently replaced my optima cranking battery with a new one. The one I replaced lasted 8 years! Most I ever got out of a battery in a boat prior to this was maybe four years.

Post Thanks / Like

I had Two that lasted over six years. I bought two more. Will run all day and never pull down trolling with a Minnkota 74lb. Well worth the bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Castle I'm in the same dilemma as you. I've always wanted an optima but have always purchased others. I'm scared to spend that money on one and be disappointed. I still got a little life on my ac delco so maybe if you buy one you can give me your opinion!
    The only "easy" day, was yesterday!

Post Thanks / Like

Think my optimas are 08's and they are (were) still going good. May conk out on me during next trip now though. I did have to have 2 replaced originally as they developed a bad cell bad were under warranty. I keep the onboard charger hooked up anytime I am not using the boat.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

I have had (2) tied together in my fifth wheel for over six years w/o any issues. Could boondock for a week during the Oct bow season up here on them before needing a charge. Also have (2) running my 24v 70# troller and can troll all day easy. Can't say their the best on the market, but the best I've ever run. I used to be able to get them for 1/2 price as I worked for JCI who made them, but alas the company sold our division and the cost just went up! Guess I should bought a couple more sooner, eh???

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast