Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Member : Stockton Lake early to mid april advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Member : Stockton Lake early to mid april advice

Hello all,
    I am new to this site and was hoping for some input. I'm organizing a trip for a group of friends to Stockton lake in early April. Some are in the military together and some aren't but bottom line we are looking for a new place to fish and catch up. It's a good drive for us but it's nice to get away. We are thinking of staying at the state park marina or the Cabins at stockton. Any input? I've also contacted JR based from reading opinions on this sight. He seems pretty squared away and a genuine guy. I am looking forward to our day with him. Any suggestions on places or how to fish this lake? I am not asking for a secret honey hole, I understand that but some general guidance would be greatly appreciated. A couple of guys in our group will be deploying in the fall and I want to get them onto some fish. Thanks again for any advice or input that you are willing to provide. Have a great day and tight lines.

"With every difficulty comes opportunity"

Post Thanks / Like

Jump right down to the Missouri forum and you'll get all the info you want. I can't give you any, I live close to Smithville.
    The fishing was so good I thought it was yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

You could contact beagleman on the Missouri board. He fishes Stockton regularly and loves to help out, especially service men/women. You might also consider fishing Truman Lake...similar amendments in regard to cabins, etc......but certainly a much different type of lake.