Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Table Rock Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table Rock Crappie

The last two years I caught crappie on the Rock on the upper end of the lake around Pt 15. I was wondering if any of you MO folks out there have been down there or have had any luck. I am going out Sunday. Looks as if we are going to get some stable weather Thurs, Sat and Sunday. I though Sunday afternoon looked like a good time to go. I use a long line trolling method with live bait. If anyone out there has fished the rock, let me know. Also I am looking at purchasing a SI Humminbird. Not too sure what to go after. Any suggestions of what not to do?

Post Thanks / Like

water still cold I would try spider rigging

Post Thanks / Like

I've been each of the last two weeks. I was using artificial bait, and had very little luck. We did catch a few up on the flats in about 10-12 FOW. the shad just aren't in there yet. As a result, neither are the fish or the fishermen. It was a beautiful day, but we only saw about six boats all day long. We went exploring, and we were almost to Virgin Bluff before we started seeing balls of shad. The only thing that I could figure was that maybe the dirty water (maybe 1' visibility) above the bridge had run the shad back down a ways. Water temp was 39-43 degrees.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey D of C. I went up to Pt 15 yesterday (SUN JAN 19th) and did ok. I spider rigged and caught approx. 15 crappie with 6 keepers and they were nice. A couple knockin on the 13" mark. It was slow, but I caught some fish. I really think the fishin will pick up when the water temp gets into the 40s. Keep me updated as I will do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good tip from Cookieman