Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Gulp???????????

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Gulp???????????

Anybody ever use this bait to catch Crappie? watched a fishing show the other day and they were catching Walleye with them. It claims to catch more fish than a live minnow but I'm not buying it. lolName:  $_3.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  47.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I have wondered the same thing. But at around 20 a jar I haven't tried any yet. They have some that look like minnows also. It would be nice in the cold not to put on minnows!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep for the price of a small jar you could buy a lot of minnows, was wondering if they stayed on the hook better? Might buy some and see for myself.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

They are pretty tough baits and stay on the jig real well. They won a One Pole artificial bait only tournament here on Truman two years ago. I have used them to tip a jig with and caught fish. Not sure they will out fish the real deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Used the 1 inch size. Fished with them below bagnel dam. It was the only thing they were biting on. Wouldn't touch a minnow. Have to have a little current with them. And like everything else sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. But on that day they worked real well.

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught plenty of crappie along with a lot of other fish, salt & fresh on the 3" gulp minnows. They not as good as real but they better'n non-scented baits especially when the crappie want something s l o w. They are expensive but crappie don't normally tear 'em up ....... 1 bait can last thru 30-40 fish. If the white perch get involved they might last 2-3 fish.
    You just gonna sit there an argue, or fish?
    ~Claud Ledbetter~

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the same experience. Don't always work but sometimes they flat hammer em. They do last a long time depending on how you have them hooked. just make sure to take em off cause when they dry up and shrivel onto the hook it's a pain.
    What happens on the lake... makes for good stories at least
    Likes papadave LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input guys!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by measure em View Post
    Used the 1 inch size. Fished with them below bagnel dam. It was the only thing they were biting on. Wouldn't touch a minnow. Have to have a little current with them. And like everything else sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. But on that day they worked real well.
    bet if brian is slow trollin them that would produce enough current??

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian was over at the store sniffing them out today!!! Don't think he pulled the trigger on them at $19.99 a tub. Brian I have a jar at the house if you want to give them a try this spring. I have never tried it yet but they may work slow trolling them.